For Sale: 1928 Durant Model 65 Rumble Seat Coupe - $10,500 - Utica, MI - Not Mine

For Sale: 1928 Durant Model 65 Rumble Seat Coupe - $10,500 - Utica, MI

1928 Durant Model 65 - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle automotive... (craigslist.org)
Seller's Description:

1928 Durant Model 65 Rumble Seat Coupe. Older restoration. I've had the car for 15years and was purchased from the 2nd owner's son. They purchased from the original owner in 1956. Powered by a Continental 14L six-cylinder flathead with 48hp. I have some original documentation and pictures from the second owner as well as a letter he sent to me with the history of the vehicle.
Copy and paste in your email: 85f00e6538b1319398ed9e7d27cd02af@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1928 Durant Model 65 Rumble Seat Coupe.

'28 Durant Model 65 MI a.jpg

'28 Durant Model 65 MI b.jpg

'28 Durant Model 65 MI c.jpg

'28 Durant Model 65 MI d.jpg

'28 Durant Model 65 MI e.jpg

'28 Durant Model 65 MI f.jpg

'28 Durant Model 65 MI g.jpg

'28 Durant Model 65 MI h.jpg

'28 Durant Model 65 MI i.jpg

• Like 5

I am wondering about the handles on the rumble seat lid? I would think those were not original as I have seen dozens of other coupes that era with rumble seats, and not seen handles on the sides that way.

However, I opened the bottom photo of miscellaneous and zoomed in to look. The handles were there in the before restoration photos. So, were they original to this model car? Or added for convenience later?

The 1929 Reo sport coupe I had many years ago originally had luggage bars on the rumble seat lid. Much more attractive, and useful also.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

Very rare radiator cap. Hard to see one of these.

what is that gauge on top of gray long capsule in the engine compartment?

On 8/21/2024 at 6:04 AM, JRA said:

Very rare radiator cap. Hard to see one of these.

what is that gauge on top of gray long capsule in the engine compartment?

Looks like an oil filter and pressure gauge off a Farmall tractor... I'm no Durant expert...

• Like 1