22 Dodge Brothers Touring ---Slightly optimistic owner

It does look like a nice car, but I'm not sure how it stacks up against the $40K Model Ts.  

I guess for $25K he felt washing one side was good enough. 

https://sacramento.craigslist.org/cto/d/rancho-cordova-1922-dodge-brothers/7497124660.html

1922 Dodge Brothers Touring *Clean Title*2 Owners*MUSEUM CONDITION* - $25,000

$25,000 obo
Throw me your offers
All Original 1922 Dodge Brothers Touring with 8k Original Mileage.
clean title
all original body frame and chassis
No aftermarket parts, no add ons, fully stock and all parts are original from 1922.
Never bought anything to replace, everything is original fully restored in MUSEUM CONDITION!
Brand new paint job, new Upholstery, in mint condition!
MUST SEE in person to appreciate!
I have all records in hand along with a photo album with over 75 pictures showing all work done on vehicle from start to finish.
Message for more photos of everything. Convertible top!
Asking $28,500 obo, no lowballers this vehicle is easily worth over 40k in today’s market. This is hands down the cleanest model t you will find and most likely the only one that’s ALL ORIGINAL.
Literally 100 years old and in factory mint condition! (916) 586-5743

100g0g_jOGon6vYIv8z_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg00k0k_7ZWa03Pvncdz_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg00L0L_iPp5cQlLuPqz_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg00303_dPLH9DFPvCCz_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg

• Like 1

Neat car. Would be fun to ride around with the top down. The tires may be old judging by the whitewall discoloration. Show him a pile of $100s totaling $16,000 and he might take it.

Maybe the hose didn't reach far enough because it got hung up on the tire, that happens to me sometimes. 

• Haha 1

It's a shame the asking price and narrative for this car are so silly, as it actually looks like a very nice car. 

I've owned five early Dodge Brothers cars, and they are as reliable as they come, though not fast, 35-40 mph all day long. 

Even my current 1927 cabriolet DB, a supposed Fast Four, is only good for about 45, over that and the car doesn't like you very much....and that's with rebuilt mechanicals...

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, trimacar said:

It's a shame the asking price and narrative for this car are so silly, as it actually looks like a very nice car. 

I've owned five early Dodge Brothers cars, and they are as reliable as they come, though not fast, 35-40 mph all day long. 

Even my current 1927 cabriolet DB, a supposed Fast Four, is only good for about 45, over that and the car doesn't like you very much....and that's with rebuilt mechanicals...

When Chrysler took over Dodge, they decided to keep using their Maxwell based 4cyl instead of Dodge's arguably better 4Cyl. The MoPar 4cyl was a mixed bag that didn't really get good until it's last year in the '32 Plymouth. I always think of these Dodges roaring across the desert with Pershing, searing for Pancho Villa. It is a neat car. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Leif in Calif said:

Asking $28,500 obo, no low ballers this vehicle is easily worth over 40k in today’s market.

Could be but not at the market where I shop. Neat old car though. 

It's funny how many people get "original" and "redone to look original" mixed up. Intentional or not.