1965 cruise control - beaded chain

moran75

Hi all

I inherited my car with a broken beaded chain coming from my cruise control power unit ..you’ll see it hanging down in attached pic.

Would any member have a complete one including throttle fitting assembles hanging around unwanted 😀

reckon it will be hard to find but thought I’d ask you chaps first….I believe this option shared with other Buick’s as well?…

all the best

kev

5067E797-B7AA-4B06-A442-0CA0514E56C6.jpeg

BB0516B0-30D4-4879-AF4E-A91E3E9CD762.jpeg

1 hour ago, moran75 said:

what’s significance of HD/Lowes?

HD = Home Depot (more for the Do it Yourself-er)

Lowes = Lowes (caters more to contractors)

Both are BIG box stores;  each carry everything for the home/project guy who is redoing/rebuilding/replacing nearly anything

Everything: buy a door or door knob or hinge or striker plate or door stop or new glass for it or paint or stain to cover it or a door mat to put in front of it

Either would certainly carry a generic pull chain and -- knowing both of those store chains -- you would have a choice of 17 different lengths in 5 different sized beads

Edited by Craig Balzer (see edit history)

Thanks for that link @RivNut.  Perhaps that ball-chain situation might be replaced or adapted to a short throttle cable, using Holley items to interface with the carb linkage at the carb?

Ford used a similar chain on their '67-era T-birds with factory cruise, so there might be some adaptation possibilities from Ford?

NTX5467