For Sale: 1962 Dodge Lancer 4dr Sedan, 41,268 original miles - $12,750 - Earlysville, VA - Not Mine

For Sale: 1962 Dodge Lancer 4dr Sedan, 41,268 original miles - $12,750 - Earlysville, VA

Rare 1962 Dodge Lancer with 41k verified miles - cars & trucks - by... (craigslist.org)
Seller's Description:

Mint condition, 1962 Dodge Lancer with 41,268 original/documented miles. This A-body style Lancer was sold only in 1961 and 1962 (very rare) and shares many components with the Plymouth Valiant of the same vintage. Show car quality.
Collector owned and garaged for the past 40+ years. 170 cubic inch slant six engine with rebuilt carburetor. runs, drives and stops as it should. push button 3-speed automatic transmission. beautiful interior. Everything works. Clean Virginia title in seller's name

Seller updated the listing 6-7-2022:

It's very likely you've never seen one of these in person. Ultra-rare 1962 Dodge Lancer is show car quality condition. 41k documented original miles. Collector owned. Runs and drives like it's 1962!

This version of the Dodge Lancer was built in 1961 and 1962 only, when Dodge dealers asked Chrysler Corporation to offer customers a compact car to compete with the Falcon, Corvair, Valiant etc. Except for some mostly cosmetic changes (front end, taillights, dashboard), the Lancer was a re-badged Plymouth Valiant. The Lancer was discontinued in 1963 and sold as the Dart.

This version, a 4-door sedan, comes with the renowned and bulletproof 175 slant six engine. (no V8's in the Lancer). Push button automatic transmission. Coker replica white wall tires. This car is on the road and has been strictly a car show, very occasional driver. Always garaged since 1979!

One respray in the original factory blue about 20 years ago. Everything is in mint condition. More details and photo's in the Ebay listing. Serious offers considered. Seller only responds to email inquiries that include a name and telephone number. All others deleted. Serious offers considered.
Copy and paste in your email: ed8cee56d4cd3a0d8e984d101e34c779@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1962 Dodge Lancer 4dr Sedan.

'62 Dodge Lancer VA a.jpg

'62 Dodge Lancer VA b.jpg

'62 Dodge Lancer VA c.jpg

'62 Dodge Lancer VA d.jpg

'62 Dodge Lancer VA e.jpg

'62 Dodge Lancer VA f.jpg

'62 Dodge Lancer VA g.jpg

'62 Dodge Lancer VA h.jpg

'62 Dodge Lancer VA i.jpg

'62 Dodge Lancer VA k.jpg

'62 Dodge Lancer VA m.jpg

'62 Dodge Lancer VA l.jpg

Edited by 58L-Y8
Updated seller information and photos 6-7-2022 (see edit history)
  • Like 4

This is a great looking Lancer, we had a white & red 1961 in our family that I held in very high regard as it was the perfect car for my mom to drive. Whenever I see a Lancer today, I always have to check it out. I never considered Lancers that rare however as they made about 75,000 of them in 1961 and 64,000 in 1962. I might ask what are those black dots on the sides of the front fenders just under the stainless trim by the front doors, maybe just they're just stickers that were added? Anyway, think it would be hard to find a better example of a Lancer that this one. 

• Like 1

I don't recall ever seeing vent window breeze deflectors mounted high on the swivel-type window - only mounted at the lower edge.

Any thoughts?

My 1960 Valiant was super dependable - rain, shine, deep snow, etc with well over 300,xxx miles

Around 1970, a high school buddy drove a '62 Lancer 2-door, white with green trim.  Pretty sure it was the same drivetrain as this one, 170 engine, automatic, etc.  I drove it a few times, and I really liked it.  A peppy car, and handled pretty well, too, especially with five teenagers crammed into it with football gear in the back.

In the midst of a sea of Malibus, Mustangs, Catalinas, etc., his Lancer was possibly the most uncool car in the parking lot, with the exception of my 1960 Studebaker Lark VIII 4-door wagon.

Edited by Dosmo (see edit history)
  • Like 1

The seller is right:  These are seldom seen.  I think I have

seen only one in all my car-show attendance.

To me, they are not pretty and are styled like a toad.

However, they are a definite part of history, and when

in such excellent shape as this, they are interesting

and impressive.

• Like 1