Paperboy delivery bag - where to buy?

Trreinke

I have tried many different types of bags for swap meets and my preferred style is the old paperboy bag (hangs to the side off the opposite shoulder). I know I am not alone in the preference as I see tons of men using them at swap meets.

The one I have is quite old and wearing thin. Does anyone know a source for this type of bag? I have checked with the local newspapers and was basically laughed out of the building as well as done basic google searches to only find very expensive old ones.

• Peter Gariepy changed the title to Paperboy delivery bag - where to buy?

Your post brought back some memories.  On our first visit to Hershey, my brother and I had active paper routes, and we took our bags with us.  There are a few for sale on eBay, but I am surprised at what the sellers want for them.  It wouldn’t take much for an upholstery shop to make one up out of sailcloth or duck, esp if you still have the old one for a pattern.

Well we are sold out.  They are very difficult to get and the price has skyrocketed in the last few years but we are looking into placing a new order.  The main issue with these I have been told that since they are not big sellers they are basically hand made.  However, Google paperboy canvas delivery bag and you will find some of various sizes and quality.

My wife made my flea market bag. Not exactly a newsboy bag but I like it better. Find a discarded pair of jeans of an appropriate waist size. Stitch across just above the crouch after cutting off the legs. Make a carry strap the right length from material from one of the leg, double it so it is two layers thick and attach to the new bag. You now have a bag with 4 pockets, I carry a water bottle in one and a snack in another. My wife added a one sided pocket on the inside over the fly that can be accessed from inside the bag or by opening the zipper for an extra pocket for stuff you want to carry all the time like a tape measure, screw driver. multitool, etc. My wife put  a snap on the inside to keep the fly pocket closed. She also added some short loop handles to the top of the bag for when I have heavy things in the bag and want to take pressure off my shoulder, also made from left over leg material. Add whatever car and club patches you want to the bag.