I need an ECU for 1989 TC DOHC 16 Valve

Quick survey - how many on the forum know what he is talking about???  Just curious. 

Terry

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Geez Dave, I thought it was a "European Cheese Unwrapper for an MG TC, but then I realized they didn't make them i⁰n 1989, and certainly didn't have anything with 16 valves.  Sure do wish people would speak a language that more could understand.  I've always admired people who could speak a second language, and your "Chrysler-speak" is admirable!

Terry

Edited by Terry Bond (see edit history)
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

NOT a town & country!!!!   The TC by Maserati was a 2 seater convertible. The 16 valve is the rare (500 plus a few spare warranty engines)Maserati modified 2.2L turbo II engine with the Cosworth head that foreshadowed the turbo III engine (Lotus head) Chrysler built for certain domestic cars. This poster needs to search on the TC forum at this site.

• Like 1

Someone told me that the Chrysler TC Maserati was a "Touring Corsa"

Which is what this OP is asking about.

Town and country doesn't seem to apply well to these cars.

One of those that I kinda wish I'd kept.

TC originally stood for Turbo Convertible according to factory literature. When the V6 was used in 90 model year the meaning was changed to Touring Convertible since there was no turbo on the 3.0L V6 joint venture engine between Chrysler and Mitsubishi. The Mitsubishi version of the 3.0L engine is surprisingly different than the Chrysler version since they were built for different driving characteristics. Mitsubishi even offered a dual cam cylinder head in the 3000GT.

• Like 1