Publication of my book: Detroit Steel Artists

Dear fellow Classic Car Enthusiasts:

I'm extremely excited and proud to announce the publication of my book, Detroit Steel Artists.

Check out my book's website. detroitsteelartists.com  

Books will be available on Amazon on March 25!

Matt

1472858532_bookimage.jpg.0227996df78bbaff765ea0ae67502540.jpg

• Like 1

Hi,

Not at this time, unfortunately. I'm trying to figure out how to make that request work as I want to fulfill that request.  I'm working on a plan to be at a couple of major car events, like Hershey, where I can sign books. 

Matt 

• Thanks 1

The leather is supposed to be fastened at either end by a brass wire holding it in a groove. I obtained goat leather from Tandy that was thee right thickness. That leather is normally used for gloves.

• 4 weeks later...

Congratulations Matt on a great book.  Received my copy last week.  Excellent research and insight into some of the personalities of the classic car era.  A wealth of information on Murray/Dietrich and LeBaron/Briggs.  Highly recommended.  

Brian

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I only finished 1/2 so far,  I keep getting interrupted by life.   The book is very biographical  in nature and with many pieces of info that were new to me.   Anyways, this is the review I published on Amazon:

This is a car book unlike any I have read in the last 30 years.  In an entertaining and expertly researched fashion it provides the backstory behind some of the most important men of the custom coachbuilding era in the US.   Ray Dietrich, Ralph Roberts, Tom Hibbard, and some of the other greats are given a thorough biographical examination.   There is fascinating information in this book that I have never seen anywhere else.   An absolute requirement for any serious car buff and collector.   Well done Mr. Kilkenny!

• 2 months later...