Very nice!  Even the 4-door sedans of this type

were beautiful, across all G. M. lines.

If car makers today made such cars--well styled,

reliable, and available in a wide choice of exterior

and interior colors--I would be an enthusiast of

modern vehicles, eagerly looking forward to the

new cars each year.

2 hours ago, Hudsy Wudsy said:

I heard from the seller. She says the car is all original except for the tires and battery. She says it has a 350 Buick V8 in it. Does that compute?

Could be a great deal for someone.   GM Interchanged engines between their brands. Don’t know when the practice started. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Hudsy Wudsy said:

I heard from the seller. She says the car is all original except for the tires and battery. She says it has a 350 Buick V8 in it. Does that compute?

It's possible. The engine removed from this one appears to be a Buick 350  https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversions-hybrids/1704239-79-pontiac-bonneville-buick-350-lm7-swap.html . I want to see pictures before I believe it though.

Edited by Bloo (see edit history)
  • Like 1

I had a Bonneville of this vintage, back in ‘94ish. Mine was maybe a year or two older. I bought it cheap knowing the water pump was pouring coolant everywhere. Swapped it out on the side of the road, then drove like hell to get to an event. I remember it had no problem running at 85mph for an hour. 

That car was smooth. Velour seats with that extra soft layer of padding that GM liked back then. 

I don’t remember what it had for an engine. I didn’t have it long, my wife got spun out by some idiot on 128 near Boston.  She brought it to a stop, only to get hit hard on the side by a pickup with plow. She was fine. Tough car. I still lament having to leave my new Candlebox cassette behind - the dash was so bent that I couldn’t get the tape out. 

• 3 weeks later...