1975 Cadillac Eldorado ... true barn find, read on - $18,000 (spokane valley, WA) not mine

Clean car, but there are lots of low mileage Eldorados around, and seller’s asking convertible money for a coupe.

Interior looks better with orange paint than white upholstery, but not sure anyone will pay a premium for an orange car, no matter the interior color.

On 2/12/2022 at 12:51 AM, 5219 said:

Funny how things change. That was a very popular color in 1975.

Yep, Dad went through such great GM colors as champaign, colonial gold, this orange (nice on vette actually)and buckskin (not horrible but not exactly great) in the 70s.  Conventional colors for the most part, work for me! 😁

Edited by Steve_Mack_CT (see edit history)

Posted over on the Cadillac LaSalle Club forum for comments.  1st, Mandarin Orange is not an SO color in 1975, in fact it was featured in one of the brochures.  Is it a 1975 or 1976?   The seller refers incorrectly to that year - we assume 1975 - as the last year for the 500 cid engine.  1976 was, as some of us know.  Not a big deal, but this dealer is trying to hype up some issues that are not real.  

Personally I love it, and if I had the garage space I would be in it for $14,000.  The seller did at least $2,000 in tires, maintenance and cleaning for presentation.  $18,000 may be too high but nice coupes should go over $10,000 IF (big IF) you want it.  

Many of us understand these mid 70's GM cars as bloated and a bit unappealing.   I would love to own it. Even though the orange has been debunked as NOT an SO color, it is still unusual when black, white, some reds, and so on are the norm.  

There would be a staple attached to or near the VIN tag for SO, and some other identifiers that it was SO.  Without that, it is not.