1929 Rolls Royce Limousine ORIGINAL - $85,000 - NYC

More pics in the ad.

image.jpeg.a766ad30cff8669be224eb56d25fad7c.jpeg

image.jpeg.27c02c755c1b8ac0af7cbaeb776cfdba.jpeg

image.jpeg.e53bdb29cf894606ffa87c03deafe4dd.jpeg

image.jpeg.650f66dc2073b7ba2f7f30c6a1b68d82.jpeg

image.jpeg.d4d0b131f42061e265d126296e62d1aa.jpeg

1929 Rolls Royce Limousine ORIGINAL! $85,000 OR BEST OFFER!!
Beautiful inside and out! Body is straight and clean without dents. Nice two tone yellow and black paint. 
Romantic interior is in very good condition and in tact. Privacy roll-up window to separate driver.
Lots of shinny chrome and brass all around. Trunk (boot) contains lots of treasures that go with the car. 
Engine runs very well. Needs a clutch job or some other transmission work.
Proceeds go to an elementary school in Ohio that needs updates.

https://newyork.craigslist.org/mnh/cto/d/dayton-1929-rolls-royce-limousine/7437488948.html

• Like 1

Nice looking formal body car.  It would sure look better in basic black.  The unknown mechanical issue(s) could be a costly adventure for the next owner. Personally, I think the price is optimistically high.  I wouldn't kick it out of my garage.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, alsancle said:

I think we have seen this before?   I can't remember when.

Looks like a 20HP.    I actually think it is attractive.  Just lose the whitewalls.    The 20 HP cars have a pretty good following - strong club support through the RROC.

Probably from me. I was helping the school correctly identify the car. I failed in getting it running, before I ran out of time. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, West Peterson said:

Apparently, the seller (or the school) is still using the phony appraisal that the school received with the car. It lists the car as being a PHANTOM (!!).

It is a 1929 20HP, with a 1933 20/25 engine

Just another data point on appraisers.   The hood on a Phantom II is only about a foot longer.

• Like 2

Ad says needs a clutch job or some other transmission work............read that as, minor repair need that exceeds the value of the car.......that’s why it was donated to the school. PII? Hardly, tiny under powered car that is almost impossible to sell at any price......even if it’s 100 points. They sure are fun cars.........but if your not Bill Gates, you won’t find anyone to fix it..........

On 1/26/2022 at 10:55 AM, ericmac said:

The theme song from the movie "The Gnomemobile" is running through my head!

In case you havent been there, the Gilmore museum has the set from that movie. The fellow that started the museum was good friends with Walt Disney.

On 2/1/2022 at 4:38 PM, TAKerry said:

In case you havent been there, the Gilmore museum has the set from that movie. The fellow that started the museum was good friends with Walt Disney.

I live 20 miles on the nose from GCM. My dad and I started the Model T driving school and I still get out there 15+ times a year. I even have a photo somewhere of my niece and I sitting in the Gnomemobile set. I love the place.

• Like 1