Help Identifying Very old Round Headlights

bluwater101

I have a pair of very old large round headlights, my father bought when he was in high school. He is 74 now and they were old when he bought them. please see pictures. The glass on the lights are 11" the casing 12".

I have no idea what they are off of and I'm having a hard time finding information. Does anyone recognize these  or have any ideas?

Thank you for any help.

hl1.jpg

hl2.jpg

hl3.jpg

hl4.jpg

hl5.jpg

Thank you all for the responses, I'll take them apart and see what I can find. I apologize for not getting back sooner. I thought I got emails sent when someone responds, and since I never got an email I thought I had no responses. Now that I know I'll be checking back more frequently. It does say MonoGram on bottom of lens.

10 minutes ago, bluwater101 said:

I took it apart and snapped a few pictures. I didn't see any numbers or names other than on the bulb. Here are the pictures. Thanks again for the help. 

hl7.jpg

hl8.jpg

hl9.jpg

hl6.jpg

If you haven't checked already check around the edge of the glass behind the chrome trim ring.  On the flat side along the edges you will often find more information.

Sure look like 1929-1930. Painted shells often indicate truck.....especially in that size. Overall nice condition, not huge value..........if you ask, I will give my opinion to an asking price.

• Like 1

On 12/23/2021 at 1:11 AM, Graham Man said:

Printing on the edge of the lens should look something like this...  sometimes you have to look at the reflection to read them   

image.png.b7228dc9237be218a9c53820eb318ebf.png

12 inch a good size car, my wild guess is 1928 Stutz... shape is correct, the lens numbers will tell

image.png.ddc8a988a7343171f311403cc7c09755.png

Since the Model A Ford used the "TWO-LITE" headlamp lens, I would think that the 12" "TWO-LITE" lens was used on the Lincolns also. The 12" TWILITE lens were used on Franklins and Marmon's among others. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...