For Sale: 1940 Buick Special 4dr Sedan - $18,000 - Boise, ID - Not Mine

For Sale: 1940 Buick Special 4dr Sedan - $18,000 - Boise, ID

1940 Buick Special - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle automotive... (craigslist.org)

For Sale: 1940 Buick Special, straight 8, All Gauges and Lights Work Properly. Older Restoration. New Radial Tires.  Easy Driving Car. Very Rare Buick. This Classic Buick Special turns heads when it’s taken out on our weekly drive.  Asking $18,000.00. Please call with any questions or for more information. Calls only we do not text. 

odometer: 60556
Copy and paste in your email:  5f3953e8f8f339dca5c28e8dd3048614@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1940 Buick Special 4dr Sedan.

'40 Buick Special ID a.jpg

'40 Buick Special ID b.jpg

'40 Buick Special ID c.jpg

'40 Buick Special ID d.jpg

'40 Buick Special ID e.jpg

'40 Buick Special ID f.jpg

'40 Buick Special ID g.jpg

'40 Buick Special ID h.jpg

Nice but check the blue 37 Century in Buick for sale section for a comp.  IMHO, $2,500 gets a much better car.  Buicks say 35, 36 - 39 even through 48 seem like a really good non Classic choice if one likes that era (a favorite for me topped only by 29 - 34).  Especially Century, Roadmaster cars.

Edited by Steve_Mack_CT (see edit history)

3 hours ago, Steve_Mack_CT said:

Nice but check the blue 37 Century in Buick for sale section for a comp.

Wow!  I see what you mean.  This car still looks good to me, but that Century is a screaming deal. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, TerryB said:

Raised white letter tires…kind of look out of place on this car🤷‍♂️.  Must have been the only thing available for purchase at the time.

When I bought my '40 Super it had truck tires on it (looked dumb). The correct tire is a 16 x 6.50 for this car and my Super. Unless you go to Coker, or Universal or the like, that size tire is available, but not cheap. I purchased a truck tire for my spare for $75.00. I think the black tires look good, but I would have turned them around. 

Personally I would have turned the letters to the inside for the simple reason that they are so incorrect it’s glaring.  I too understand the price of correct tires as I ran 15” tires on my 37 Dodge to avoid the high price of 16” originals.  Certainly not a major issue.

There.  Much better.

yelo.jpg.f635cf29526d54859011acc7764a9748.jpg

I'm not crazy about the pale yellow, there's just too much of it, but I could live with it if the wheels were painted a different color maybe.

Gray?  Dark Blue?  Maroon?  Forrest Green?  or...?