Anyone running Gold Line tires?

JonW

Weren't the gold line tires originally made for 1965 Z16 Chevelles and then offered for Corvette the next year?

I think they'll look good on yer Burick especially teamed with Burick chrome road wheels.

I do think the gold lines look better against darker colors, and blue lines against lighter ones.

A frind booght his from Coker and had to send them back because they were to orange.   

He found the gold ones someplace else, will report back tommorow..

Tuesday:   He bought Goodyear Power Cushion .350 Gold Line 7.75-15.  $280 each form Motorspot (Sport),inc

Bonsail, Calif.  706-732-8301 for his 1966 Corvette.  They look just like the ones on Matt Harwood's post above

on onother Corvette.

Edited by Paul Dobbin
Added Information (see edit history)

I seem to recall these being used from the factory on some GM cars in the 90s, mostly nicer Buicks and probably Cadillacs. I liked them, and I sure wasn't in the right demographic at the time. I thought they looked sharp on a dark burgundy car. For some reason I remember them being Uniroyals. 

Vogue Tyres have a combination whitewall and gold pinstripe. They were/are out of my price range.

Back in the 60s my Uncle Malcolm had a 1966 Ninety Eight that had a set of Kelly-Springfield tires with combination whitewall and gold stripe. They were off the car by time my parents bought it in 1969.

Also remember a combination whitewall and red pinstripe on a lot of mid-60s Fords, esp Thunderbirds.

On 10/11/2021 at 10:59 PM, Bryan G said:

I seem to recall these being used from the factory on some GM cars in the 90s, mostly nicer Buicks and probably Cadillacs. I liked them, and I sure wasn't in the right demographic at the time. I thought they looked sharp on a dark burgundy car. For some reason I remember them being Uniroyals. 

Now that its mentioned, I do remember one of my grandmothers new caddy's having them during this time period.