I found a new Pierce arrow V-12 crate engine

ramair

I am pretty sure that this will be the one V-12 that I buy that will not come with a $40,000 surprise, although I might spend some money replacing those irregular looking spark plug wires, although it keeps you from confusing the firing order.  I will enjoy seeing how many minutes go by before Ed, AJ and George wait before they fall for the bait3344CC3B-C712-4742-84DC-697EEC7BDE4D.jpeg.9e9e98239d1866ccefce536cd942d6fa.jpeg

0FB70BD9-6989-489B-A79F-1BD8E1F3815F.jpeg

Edited by ramair (see edit history)
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

• ramair changed the title to I found a new Pierce arrow V-12 crate engine

I can turn the flywheel and the fan turns, but when I grab a spark plug wire I cannot feel a spark, does anyone have the point gap for a Pierce twelve?

Ed, please send me your shipping address as I would like to send this to you to get it running, I know a lot of us have faith in your skills as SC38DLS has stated

1 hour ago, edinmass said:

Interestingly enough, we actually had a 1934 factory crate engine in the shop ten years ago. I don’t have photos of it on my hard drive. 

14 hours ago, ramair said:

I can turn the flywheel and the fan turns, but when I grab a spark plug wire I cannot feel a spark, does anyone have the point gap for a Pierce twelve?

14 hours ago, Andy_V12 said:

Yeah, but that's 1:1.  It'll have to be decreased to whatever scale the engine is.  🤣