Tracking down classic car

jyones12

Good morning! 

I am attempting to track down my fathers classic car that he sold in 2004.

it’s a 73’ Grand Prix and the VIN is 

2K57Y3P316390 

He was able to provide me the buyers name, address, phone number and exact date of sale. However,  the phone number is no longer in service and the buyer was out of state (Connecticut). Also, I do believe the buyer that he sold it to has since sold it to someone else. 

I googled the VIN and a member of this forum actually posted about it asking about the car and mentioning that his friend is now the owner. I have tried to private message that individual on here but I just created my account so I am not able to at this time. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 
Thank you  

Edited by jyones12 (see edit history)

57 minutes ago, JACK M said:

Have a few conversations here and when you reach whatever the magic number of posts is try again.

I too would like to PM a few members here. What is the 'magic' number/ranking one has to attain to be able to do this?

11 minutes ago, CarlLaFong said:

What I find to be the oddest thing of all, is that someone has the VIN of a friends car memorized. I do not remember the VINs of any vehicle that I have ever owned in 60 years, much less, my buddy's VIN. Good luck with the search.

I think he posted for his friend 

Just now, 61polara said:

The original person on this Forum who posted a question about that VIN is a very active member.  Let's see if he responds.  If you Google that VIN both of these posts appear in the results.  

I commented on his original form post from 2007 I hope he sees it and responds to me. 

my father is in his 70s now and that was his first car that he bought at 18 years old just before he went off to the military I would love to find it and hopefully buy it back for him. 

53 minutes ago, jyones12 said:

I commented on his original form post from 2007 I hope he sees it and responds to me. 

my father is in his 70s now and that was his first car that he bought at 18 years old just before he went off to the military I would love to find it and hopefully buy it back for him. 

Take it easy on your dad and his age.  I was 21 in 1973 and I’m not in my 70s.  Your dad is three years younger than me so he is in his mid 60s. I too bought a new car in 1973, a Chevelle SS.  The way it rusted out means the only place it can be today is in a junk yard.

3 minutes ago, TerryB said:

Take it easy on your dad and his age.  I was 21 in 1973 and I’m not in my 70s.  Your dad is three years younger than me so he is in his mid 60s. I too bought a new car in 1973, a Chevelle SS.  The way it rusted out means the only place it can be today is in a junk yard.

I don’t know the exact date he purchased it but he did buy it new.

it was his show car until he sold it in 2004. It was in show car condition so if the person who has had in since kept it up it won’t be in a junkyard. 

1 hour ago, jyones12 said:

I don’t know the exact date he purchased it but he did buy it new.

it was his show car until he sold it in 2004. It was in show car condition so if the person who has had in since kept it up it won’t be in a junkyard. 

That’s good for a 1973.  The winter use did not help my car however it was my only means of transportation at the time.  I had the rust repaired twice and then in 1977 I traded it for a new Rally Nova. 1973 was not a good year for GM cars and rust out in the northeast rust belt.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, TerryB said:

That’s good for a 1973.  The winter use did not help my car however it was my only means of transportation at the time.  I had the rust repaired twice and then in 1977 I traded it for a new Rally Nova. 1973 was not a good year for GM cars and rust out in the northeast rust belt.

I know he replaced the doors on it in the 90s. 

but it was in pristine condition when he sold it. At the car shows he would put mirrors underneath it to show off the undercarriage. 

No clue the condition it’s in now but hoping it’s still out here