Able to Order a New Car?

bryankazmer

1 hour ago, Laughing Coyote said:

Sweet!  I will put in an order for a 1963 Galaxie 500 with a 427, dual quads, and a 4 speed.  No chip required.  I wonder how long it will take to build. ;)

As long as it takes to build one of these:

931c8564b26325cff46e85bb073d30e3.jpg

• Like 3

Yeah, it's menu driven. And most options require adding carpet protectors.

Online Menu of No 1 Chinese Restaurant Restaurant, Malone, New York, 12953  - Zmenu

National marketing research shows most customers just drive away when MacDonald's gets the order wrong. Trust me. It will work. Trust me.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Laughing Coyote said:

Sweet!  I will put in an order for a 1963 Galaxie 500 with a 427, dual quads, and a 4 speed.  No chip required.  I wonder how long it will take to build. ;)

I'd opine your chances of getting that are better than getting a similarly dressed Marauder...

Ford exec: "Mercury? Didn't we make those like, back in the Stone Age?"

Another Ford exec: "I dunno, if we did I musta been playing with a Transformer. That was a Camaro though wasn't it?"

Good luck on the wait time. Friend just took delivery on a new F-150 that he ordered last March. He seriously considered turning it down as the 2022's will be out shortly. Probably only take 10 months to get one of those. 

It is a good idea by Ford, keeps the stores open gets orders written, and will allow the buyer that option to buy one off the lot rather then wait once production is at full speed again

Ordering new vehicles is still done. I actually ordered all of my GMC Trucks for the past 20 years up through the last one in 2019. It did take 12 to 14 weeks to arrive, and you are only getting the incentive (if any) that is being offered at that time of purchase.  I got everything I wanted but more importantly I did not get stuck with something I did not want, like a sunroof 

Edited by John348 (see edit history)

Ford's going the 'special order' route allows them to buy time while chips and other components that are in short supply arrive.  

Now maybe one can get what they really want, including options and paint colors not offered in the catalog, depending how desperate Ford is to keep the plants running.

Craig

6 hours ago, 8E45E said:

Ford's going the 'special order' route allows them to buy time while chips and other components that are in short supply arrive. 

It also lets them pocket a down payment before they even start to build the vehicle. Cash flow magically looks better.

• Like 1