Garlits Drag Racing and Antique Car Museum - Ocala, Fl

George Albright

Dear AACA members. I have been a museum board member since the 1990s. Amazing drag racing museum and amazing antique car museum. Right on I-75 10 miles south of Ocala,Florida. Open every day. Www.garlits.com  phone 352 245 8661. Many of our cars on our website. Sincerely George Albright 

Www.Garlits.com

• Like 1

• Peter Gariepy changed the title to Garlits Drag Racing and Antique Car Museum - Ocala, Fl
  • 7 months later...
On 7/24/2021 at 12:11 PM, George Albright said:

Dear AACA members. I have been a museum board member since the 1990s. Amazing drag racing museum and amazing antique car museum. Right on I-75 10 miles south of Ocala,Florida. Open every day. Www.garlits.com  phone 352 245 8661. Many of our cars on our website. Sincerely George Albright 

Www.Garlits.com

It looks like their website is no longer up. Does anyone know if they are still open?

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I too visited this museum in March.

Spent 4+ hours there and I don't think I saw it all.

Took lots of pictures though.

Something to look at during those cold winter days here in Colorado.

I'll be back down in Ocala this next March and I will plan on another afternoon there.

SOOOO much to see !!!!

Mike in Colorado

1 hour ago, FLYER15015 said:

I too visited this museum in March.

Spent 4+ hours there and I don't think I saw it all.

Took lots of pictures though.

Something to look at during those cold winter days here in Colorado.

I'll be back down in Ocala this next March and I will plan on another afternoon there.

SOOOO much to see !!!!

Mike in Colorado

Hey Mike!  Just wondering about you couple days back. Good to see you.

Ben

• 8 months later...
On 7/13/2022 at 4:17 PM, George Albright said:

Thanks to all for your feedback! Attendance is wonderful. Museum running in the black. Don Garlits turned 90 January 15, 2022. I love the museum displays. Thanks, George Albright. Museum Board member since the 1980s

2001 My Dad dropped dead in front of me in Florida fixin to go to the Daytona 500. We had just stopped at Garlits Museum.My folks already walked to our car but i was looking thru the open gate trying to see what that Rail was they were working on back behind in his shop when,here comes an old S10 pickup leaving the shop.I stepped back and started to walk away and the S10 stopped.I was facing the sun and couldn't see in it very good but this guy says,"What you looking at back there"? I told him just checking out the shop from the gate.It was Don! He stuck his hand out to shake hands.He told me i wouldn't hurt anything if i walked on back there closer.He had grease on his arms and sweaty hot.What a joy meeting him like that.I will never forget it.I could spend 10 hours in that museum!!! Man,that guy has tried EVERYTHING possible back in the day to gain even 1 horsepower.Really well worth the money to check the place out.