For Sale: 1939 Ford Standard Tudor - $18,750 - Windsor Locks, CT - Not Mine - Still Available, Price $18,500: September 2021: -Still Available, Price Reduced to $16,500: 6-15-2022:

For Sale:  1939 Ford Standard Tudor - $18,750 - Windsor Locks, CT - Still Available, Price $18,500: September 2021: Still Available, Price Reduced to $16,500: 6-15-2022: See new Link below:

Ford 1939 2dr Standard - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle... (craigslist.org)

This Ford is a 1939 2dr Standard which has been completely restored to its's original condition. The 239 cu in V8 engine has been completely rebuilt with Ford parts. I have all the invoices for that rebuild about 1999. The car was repainted with a beautiful black lacquer finish soon after the engine rebuild. Mean time the entire interior was redone with a LeBaron-Bonnie kit which included the headliner, front and rear seats, door panels, floor coverings, and trunk mats. Both door and rear windows were replaced. Also, dual mufflers and exhaust were installed and welded-up, no clamps used. Rear shocks absorbers and a stabilizer bar was added in the rear. The car has been in several shows and driven very little, around town in warm weather only.  odometer: 87000

Copy and paste in your email:  f2d28bc96486382d95794687db002692@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1939 Ford Standard Tudor.

Note: 1937-1940 Ford Standard models: Henry recycles the prior year model for less!

'39 Ford Standard ct a.jpg

'39 Ford Standard ct b.jpg

'39 Ford Standard ct c.jpg

'39 Ford Standard ct d.jpg

'39 Ford Standard ct e.jpg

'39 Ford Standard ct f.jpg

'39 Ford Standard ct g.jpg

'39 Ford Standard ct h.jpg

'39 Ford Standard ct i.jpg

Edited by 58L-Y8
Still Available, Price Reduced to $16,500: 6-15-2022: (see edit history)
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Hudsy Wudsy said:

It's nearing 90K miles on a Ford flathead. I wonder how badly it smokes?

I suspect that is miles all in, ad claims rebuilt engine w paperwork.  I could be wrong, no connection to seller but it seems like a nice older  restoration with some minor needs.  

pretty cool car at a pretty fair price! It's '39 model so that was the first years of the 'Juice Brakes'.  I would say the right side of the windshield is not beginning to delaminate, it's well on it way!  Even with the windshield issue it's still a great car.  If I had the room for it I would be calling the seller!

Edited by deac (see edit history)

7 hours ago, 58L-Y8 said:

The next owner should mount a pair of taillights on the bumper brackets, if set-up temporarily, whenever its driven.   A single dim left-side taillight in today's traffic is just asking for a disaster. 

As much as I endorse originality, I have to agree! I'm pretty sure that the matching small right side tail light, while standard on the DeLuxe, was probably available as an option for this standard model. It wouldn't help much, but it might help.

Edited by Hudsy Wudsy (see edit history)

• 58L-Y8 changed the title to For Sale: 1939 Ford Standard Tudor - $18,750 - Windsor Locks, CT - Not Mine - Still Available, Price $18,500: September 2021:

Still Available, Price $18,500: September 2021:

Ford 1939 2dr Standard - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle... (craigslist.org)

Copy and paste in your email: 50b2957660223a1aa158d5950114a361@sale.craigslist.org

Edited by 58L-Y8
Crossed out the dead CL link, (see edit history)

6 hours ago, 58L-Y8 said:

Still Available, Price $18,500: September 2021:

Still a nice looking Ford. I really like the front end of this car and to top it off, hydraulic brakes, flathead V-8 and the shift lever is where it belongs. 

• 2 weeks later...

This car is still available!  WOW, that's one nice car for under 19 grand.  One of the nice things about owning an old Ford parts are available.  It's not like owning some rare or obscure 1940 Pontiac Torpedo and you need a fuel pump adapter or a horn ring for the deluxe steering wheel.

• Like 1

• 58L-Y8 changed the title to For Sale: 1939 Ford Standard Tudor - $18,750 - Windsor Locks, CT - Not Mine - Still Available, Price $18,500: September 2021: -Still Available, Price Reduced to $16,500: 6-15-2022:
On 10/5/2021 at 9:55 PM, Fossil said:

I sure wish one of you guys would buy this so I can quit thinking about it. 

I would trade my '47 for it! 

On 6/19/2022 at 8:35 AM, Pont 46 said:

Deac, we should buy it, split the cost, We can share the car 6 months, each, I live in Northern Ca,  6 months north, 6 months south,

Sounds like a good plan huh!!

I love these things. They're easy on the pocket, relatively speaking, and they're fun to drive! But there is on catch, they don't fetch the money. It seems 15K is about the best you can hope for and that goes for a completely restored one or solid driver will fetch 12K. For 6 months I get the 39 and you have the 47 and following 6 months it reverses! My problem is parking/storage!

• 4 months later...