1947 Buick Super 2 door. Value?

Zman804

Looking for any info or help. I have a 1947 Buick Super 8. 2 door. Straight 8 engine 3 speed manual. It’s all original garage stored. 50k miles. Paint is decent the original owner was a clean and buff nut. Some areas are down to the primer. Would anyone have an idea what it’s worth. I got it running tune up and carb rebuilt.  It needs tires and brakes work but need cleaned up for sitting for so long.  Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

A9F242B8-0DDA-4673-A17C-2DF9C2F00653.jpeg

6AD03891-25D6-4AD8-ADE4-345F4249D416.jpeg

Without seeing the interior and assuming that is OK, I give it the 10K value that NADA attaches to it. IMO the value lies in it's originality. Someone may buy this car and use it as is. Very cool car.  I would also go to the Buick Forum (Post War) and post this same thread for more responses. 

Edited by kingrudy
Clarity (see edit history)
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Mark Shaw said:

NADA values: (West Coast Location)

Low  $1,843

Ave.  $9,950

High $18,400

Here's the NADA descriptions of values:

Low Retail Value
This vehicle would be in mechanically functional condition, needing only minor reconditioning. The exterior paint, trim and interior would show normal wear, needing only minor reconditioning. May also be a deteriorated restoration or a very poor amateur restoration. Most usable ‘as-is’. This column does not represent a ‘parts car’ or a non-running vehicle.
Note: Some of the vehicles in this publication could be considered ‘Daily Drivers’ and are not valued as a classic vehicle. When determining a value for a daily driver, it is recommended that the subscriber use the low retail value.

Average Retail Value
This vehicle would be in good condition overall. It could be an older restoration or a well-maintained original vehicle. Completely operable. The exterior paint, trim and mechanics are presentable and serviceable inside and out. A “20-footer”.

High Retail Value
This vehicle would be in excellent condition overall. It could be a completely restored or an extremely well-maintained original vehicle showing very minimal wear. The exterior paint, trim and mechanics are not in need of reconditioning. The interior would be in excellent condition. Some vehicles may be considered “matching numbers” vehicles.

I think "Average Retail Value" may be accurate for this car, except for the tires(not too big a deal) & brakes. 

Old Cars Report Price Guide Condition Descriptions:

img100.jpg.b5a09fe0e14aa242874853d24db67299.jpg

I think #4 would be a close description of this car's condition.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, CarlLaFong said:

One of my great automotive regrets was my 47 Super Sedanette that I bought when I was dumb and young. Through Massive stupidity I killed that lovely car. I've always wanted another one to replace it. I loved that car.

Carl, we all sympathize because we all have stories of our own.

• Like 1

• Peter Gariepy changed the title to 1947 Buick Super 2 door. Value?