1933 Pierce Arrow, not mine

10 hours ago, Xander Wildeisen said:

You see a lot of ads saying facebook will not let me list this or that. Don't know why. I can tell you, if you search Hudson, under cars. It pulls up every pair of Hudson jeans for sale. I would think a tech giant could program it to have the jeans only come up under clothing.

Yeah, it often strikes me as so amateur that its laughable.

• Like 1

I've been kiddingly accused of making those marks with my tack hammer, but I didn't work on the car!  Just think, tacks in mouth and tack hammer in hand, you're tacking the top material in place, and a fly keeps landing right in front of you....wham, wham......

• Haha 2

I am not up to speed on Pierce-Arrows.    The sellers description of this Pierce-Arrow is “1933 Pierce Arrow Enclosed Drive Limousine (EDL) Model 83”.   From the one picture that shows the back seat area this car looks like it is a regular five passenger sedan not a limousine.   Am I missing something here by not being more knowledgeable on Pierce-Arrow cars?

9E793DBC-120F-4F9D-A0BB-FE08B2D8408B.jpeg

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Xander Wildeisen said:

You see a lot of ads saying facebook will not let me list this or that. Don't know why. I can tell you, if you search Hudson, under cars. It pulls up every pair of Hudson jeans for sale. I would think a tech giant could program it to have the jeans only come up under clothing.

Facebook hired all the guys that got fired from Ebay (and I think that's hard to do from what I have seen) to design their marketplace.  It has to be the worst search engine on the planet.  Problem is most of the action,  especially with cars has moved there from Craigslist,  so you don't really have the option of not using it,  if you are really looking for something. 

Search results are terrible.  Nearest first, soonest first, etc. stuff in my own town doesn't come up in a 250 mile search when I type in the exact title and search nearest first. For a while they had when the item was listed under it on the home page.  That was actually useful,  but it disappeared.  Now you click on it and find out the ad is 2 years old.  

1 hour ago, Mark Huston said:

I am not up to speed on Pierce-Arrows.    The sellers description of this Pierce-Arrow is “1933 Pierce Arrow Enclosed Drive Limousine (EDL) Model 83”.   From the one picture that shows the back seat area this car looks like it is a regular five passenger sedan not a limousine.   Am I missing something here by not being more knowledgeable on Pierce-Arrow cars?

9E793DBC-120F-4F9D-A0BB-FE08B2D8408B.jpeg

Yes, it's a four door sedan, not any kind of limousine, much less enclosed, which would mean a piece of glass at the rear of the front seat to "enclose" the driver.  That little rubber bumper on the door sill is a dead giveaway that the door is sagging, which means weak wood in the door frame.

• Like 4

Just now, Hudsy Wudsy said:

Testicle sized hail.

Not only that, but it knew to aim in a row...and I can tell you, that particular metal piece of the roof is stout, with the curve....that really, seriously, looks like someone intentionally inflicted damage on the car.  It's a very nice body style, love all Pierces, but this one would scare me.  

• Haha 1