Time for an oil change?

RivNut

I've seen oil somewhat like that when a vehicle has sat for a long period of time AND the customer was driving the vehicle.  I had 1st. checked the dipstick & it read FULL. When I drained the oil less than a quart came out.  I kinda like scatched my head & thought to myself "I just checked the oil & it read FULL" how can that be??? So I started adding 1 quart of oil & it read OVERFULL.  I called the customer & did the WHOLE oil change over in front of him.  He, at this point, told me to remove the oil pan while he was going out to get coffee for all of us.  When he came back I was just about ready to remove the last bolts so he knows I didn't have time to acktually remove the pan.  We I removed the pan we were BOTH agast at what we saw, which was almost like in the video I just wastched.  Even the ol filter was somewhat like that, BUT NOWHERE'S as bad as what we ALL just witnessed.

Tom T.

"My salesman told me the extended warranty covered bumper to bumper; is this not covered?" Then, they pitch a fit to the general manager up front until the dealership agrees to either goodwill of 50/50 the repair. Ask me how I know.

Biodiesel fuel will gel similar to that.

When Should I Use An Anti-Gel? – The Fuel Ox

Our local school district "went green" for the buses with fuel from the plantations where the rain forest used to be. The first really cold morning they found out all about the anti-gel treatment.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, rocky5517 said:

If I didn't know better I'd think someone added some type of catalyst into the engine to solidify the oil, just for entertainment purposes. How in the world did that car drive into the service station?

I think your correct. When I watched the video, It reminded me of the Cash for Clunkers program here in CA (maybe elsewhere too). The engines were "disabled" (ruined) by adding a concoction to the crankcase that seized the engine. 

https://www.greencarreports.com/news/1033857_killing-your-clunker-correctly-how-a-dealer-disables-it#:~:text=The 135 pages of Cash,of your traded-in clunker.&text=It's a combination of water,is drained and disposed of.

About 25 years ago a lady brought a 3 year old Buick Regal with 60,000 miles on it into my shop

because it wouldn't start......motor was locked up and the oil looked like Ed's post. I asked her when

was the last time you changed your oil? She replied........are you supposed to?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I had a customer who had his plumbing business next to a gas station/repair shop.  He started coming to my shop for his plumbing repair trucks. On one of his older dodge vans he bought it into my shop for an oil change.  Now this van was an older with the tried & true more modern 318 V-8.  When I put the vehicle up on lift the 1st. thing I noticed was it had the ORIGINAL oil filter on it.  I called him up to question when was the last time he had the oil changed???  He said, since this repair shop was right next store, he would always bring it in for an oil change, BUT he never asked to have the filter changed. After ALL these years & about, at the time, 75K miles on it the oil filter was never changed at this shop.  When I took it off I swaer it weighed 25lbs. For sure was NOT filtering any oil which was being by-paased because the filter was TOTALLY clogged!!!