1940 Packard 120 $17,500 Casa Grande, AZ (Not mine) Price reduced $13,500 obo

Nice old Packard

New link:

https://tucson.craigslist.org/cto/d/casa-grande-1940-packard-120/7227727777.html

1940 Packard 120
This car is a “survivor” showing only 58,343 miles. It is wearing its original paint, still has the original straight 8 engine, 3 speed OD transmission, and all its original glass. The original interior was baked to death in the AZ heat. The car now has new OE style upholstery it – from the carpets clear up to the headliner. Notice the original WWII gas rationing sticker in the passenger windshield. The brakes have been gone thru and it stops straight and true. It has 5 brand new Goodyear radial tires and an Optima 6V battery. Runs, rides, steers, and stops like a 1940 Packard should. All the lights and original gauges work with the exception of the temp gauge which now has an under-dash VDO gauge. The fuel tank has been dropped, cleaned, and sending unit repaired. This has always been a SW car, no rust, and never been wrecked. All 4 doors close like a bank vault. $17,500 - OBO For info call: show contact info 
“They are only original once”.

Phone # (503) 704-9968

Edited by Laughing Coyote (see edit history)

Hmmmm?

Nice car but I wonder, if "This has always been a SW car" as the seller says and it shows the car as being in Arizona currently, why does it have North Dakota plates on it?

Its been reupholstered in the original pattern style but the fabric isn't what was used in the 120, which is available though expensive.  The wood-graining appears untouched and quite poor.  It may well be a good solid 120 in serviceable, driver condition though should be inspected in person before acting .

Reminds me of a rookie question I asked as a 15 year old when surveying a $500 Mustang fb on a trailer sometime in late 70s.  "Is this a southern car" two older guys look at each other, "oh yeah kid, southern CT.  Needs floors and..."  😯😉

• Haha 1

It has the OD transmission, which is a huge plus. If it was a high-dollar car, then the buyer could quibble about the upholstery fabric, but it looks pretty good. Staring at fried dash woodgraining mile after mile could wear on an owner, though.

Attractive car, but good advice to see in person. If buyers are understandably skittish about travel, hire an appraiser. It would be money well-spent!

On 10/20/2020 at 6:58 PM, GregLaR said:

Hmmmm?

Nice car but I wonder, if "This has always been a SW car" as the seller says and it shows the car as being in Arizona currently, why does it have North Dakota plates on it?

I was just about to ask the same question, but saw you had already caught the discrepancy.

I North Dakota a "No Tax" state for used cars?

Here in Louisiana we pay +/- 10% Tax, depending on local and Parish (county) specificsplus title and registration fees.

Edited by Marty Roth (see edit history)

• Laughing Coyote changed the title to 1940 Packard 120 $17,500 Casa Grande, AZ (Not mine) Price reduced $13,500 obo