1930 Durant $6,300. (Los Angeles)

The last car of that age and EXACT price range that I sold almost 2 years ago, was that a friend listed it on Facebook Marketplace for me.  (it did not sell on a craigslist ad done first)  It was a 31 Model A Ford open sided delivery, perhaps more desirable, but needed a lot of work compared to your Durant.  When I say more desirable,  I only mean that there are still quite a few Model A lovers that want some body style they don't see often. It only went one State away though.

From what I've seen over the years on here, is that your age of original/stock car does not see much demand in your State.  I don't know why.  I think yours may need to find a buyer from out of State.  Shipping fees hurts a sale though,  and many won't call if they are far away. .....but it only takes one.

Your car is not the typical "very common, often seen,  4 door sedan from 1930".  Not that rare means anything for bigger values, but certainly gives you a better chance at finding a buyer IMO.  Those car brands associated with William Durant are very dependable and well built.  Yours does not look modified by past owners, except the door handles installed wrong, and a quickly done interior.  Sheet metal looks really great, trim is also very good, and...nothing really missing....all big pluses in a sale....(and it's not apart!)...(like I said earlier, it's styling is really very nice for 1930 year cars)

Good luck, I hope it goes to somebody that appreciates it. 

There's a "Durant" section in the forum, you should definitely post there as well.  That's a great car, too bad I have to space and no time for it or I'd buy it.

• Like 1

Facebook is free and it's surprising the stuff that sells and that I have sold on there.  Can't hurt.  My big complaint with it,  is the search feature seems very screwy and yields questionable results which means interested parties might miss your car,  but then again if you never posted it there then they would never see it either. 

Edited by auburnseeker (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Timing is bad and its on the wrong side of the country for me, otherwise looks like a decent car worth a closer look. Unless you put a ridiculous price (then I may even be tempted,LOL) I dont think its going to sell overnight. You need to be somewhat patient with a car like that. Hemmings has an online auction that has a pretty good sell rate. Another idea would be to get it out of the garage and take some current pics. If and when you sell, you will have to get it out anyway, make this a practice run. Its easy for a seller to say it still looks the same, but buyers would like to see some fresh shots of the car.

Bring a Trailer, Submit to barnfinds.com perhaps, Hemmings auction, craigslist, facebookmarketplace, or here - It should interest someone as it appears to be a decent car and it is wire wheeled with a sidemount and a luggage rack (only thing better in a sedan would have been two sidemounts verses the one).   Your price is reasonable too.  You really need to up the game on the photography. 

On 7/19/2020 at 9:49 PM, F&J said:

Very nice styling for a 1930 four cylinder car.  Great looking wire wheel design and the dash, too.

Yes, it is.  Interesting that it has passenger side tail light - if OEM, that's kinda unusual for 1930.

On 7/26/2020 at 2:29 PM, F&J said:

...31 Model A Ford open sided delivery...

Apologies for the thread hijack, but what's a Model A "open sided" delivery?  Not saying it doesn't exist, just that I've never seen or heard of it (unless I know it by another name).

1 hour ago, CHuDWah said:

Apologies for the thread hijack, but what's a Model A "open sided" delivery?  Not saying it doesn't exist, just that I've never seen or heard of it (unless I know it by another name).

Here is one, they were made by Martin Parry.  Mine was a 1931 even though Parry went out of business in late 1930; the one below should have the truck painted radiator shell and painted headlight buckets

adelovery.thumb.jpg.5643fb6bb39adffa671bcb1ac65fa3e9.jpg

12 minutes ago, F&J said:

Here is one, they were made by Martin Parry.  Mine was a 1931 even though Parry went out of business in late 1930; the one below should have the truck painted radiator shell and painted headlight buckets

Ah, OK - thanks.  I was thinking a regular production Ford body.  I had heard of Martin-Parry and have seen the bodies on Ford and other make chassis.  The company has an interesting history:

Martin-Parry Corp

• 2 weeks later...