Fender Washer

jan arnett (2)

2 hours ago, jan arnett (2) said:

I need the old fashion oblong fender washers used to mount rear fenders on cars from the twenties-thirties for my 1923 Moon.

Got a photo of one for example?

Thank you for your suggestions.  The Moon when I got it had carriage bolts which is wrong.  You need to think real old school to understand my problem.  Back in the twenties fenders didn't always line up so they created a fender washer to allow some slop.  What you have to day is not a 1920 fender washer.  Here is a picture of an early chev. fender washer.that is a little small but will give you an idea of what I am looking for.

https://www.fillingstation.com/shop/?year=All&vehtype=All&search=fender+washer&searchtype=FT

Thanks

Jan

12 minutes ago, jpage said:

You could make something like that yourself. Pick up some steel form a steel supplier, cut them out with a grinder and form them on a bench grinder.

Sometimes if you are in this hobby you need to learn how to fabricate parts or repurpose parts from other applications. Some even have to make their own gears and other hard to find parts.

I believe what he is looking for has a pressed dish to the middle of the oblong washer. Years ago We had hundreds in our parts stash but I think all are long gone. 

On 5/2/2020 at 7:28 PM, JFranklin said:

A bit of die making and a large press and he is in business!

Yup, not even a LARGE press needed. A 10 ton hydraulic jack would be enough. Cheap 20 ton presses are common. Harbor Freight.... $189.99....Bob

• 2 weeks later...