Period images to relieve some of the stress

Walt G

1 hour ago, 1937hd45 said:

The car was painted the nice shade of blue in Gus Reuters shop here in Ridgefield, he also painted the Windswept Rolls Royce for Mr. Atwell. The Rolls was at Pebble beach within 5 years or so, still looking great with a40 year old paint job. 

Rolls-Rocye | Classic Car Club of America

1930 'Windblown Coupé' by Brewster (chassis S132PR) | Rolls royce  limousine, Rolls royce, Brewster

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, 1937hd45 said:

That Rolls arrived in boxes, with Dave Domidian as a consultant. Fun times, one of many Great cars I got to work on. 

I have been happy to see it a couple of times, once at Pebble as you mentioned and also in the collection which is over the top cool.  It is one of my favorite RR.

10 minutes ago, alsancle said:

Steve,  it is a batch of negatives and I don't know if they are all a little fuzzy like that.

A.J.: Yes, a bit fuzzy, must have been a quick snapshot.  What is that dark-colored sportster with the wire wheels?  Looks to be a Talbot-Lago Figoni aero-coupe parked beyond it.

9 minutes ago, 58L-Y8 said:

A.J.: Yes, a bit fuzzy, must have been a quick snapshot.  What is that dark-colored sportster with the wire wheels?  Looks to be a Talbot-Lago Figoni aero-coupe parked beyond it.

Yes, a Talbot.  I don't think these are pictures of pictures, but that is possible too.

40 minutes ago, nzcarnerd said:

My photo of the same car at an AACA meet in Nth California in 1978 - 

PICT0016 - Copy (2) resize.JPG

Doble E14 is arguably the greatest steam car ever.    Rebodied for Dr Mudd (think of the Mudd Model J) in 1928 it had every advanced feature that Abner Doble had come up with.

Doble steam cars - General Discussion - Antique Automobile Club of America  - Discussion Forums

• Like 1