Period images to relieve some of the stress

Walt G

49 minutes ago, edinmass said:

In my humble opinion, a very over rated platform. I was not impressed. Another legend that when driven, makes you yearn for something else.

I'll never get to drive most cars I find attractive, and really what is the point? If it looks good sitting there will it look better after an hours drive? 

1 hour ago, nzcarnerd said:

I think this one has been doing the rounds for some time. Not yet identified as far as I know.

May be an image of one or more people and outdoors

According to an article I found, it's a Model T

Ode to my Father | Columbia Star (thecolumbiastar.com)

Also, if anyone is interested in USPS vehicles over the years they have about 24 photos on usps dot com

Vehicles Gallery (usps.com)

Edited by 30DodgePanel (see edit history)

What is this lil get about?...

Front hubs seem generic, but not the most interesting thing in the photo. Everything from the background, payload, ladder, meaning of the letters on drivers door, the hood cover, the top and the skinny white walls got my attention. Neat photo of a time period correct workerbee. Would imagine it's a T also...

dgel-truck-175-2.jpg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, 30DodgePanel said:

Also, if anyone is interested in USPS vehicles over the years they have about 24 photos on usps dot com

Can't be a Ford as it has fore and aft springs. I did wonder if it might be a Buick or Oldsmobile circa 1908-09.

1 hour ago, 30DodgePanel said:

Definitely not a Model T.

• Like 1

Any Chevrolet folks know what the story is with the 1934 Chevy dealer photo?  A sign says open for business Chevrolet and Ford (kind of surprising that), with both cars being what appears to be 1934 Chevrolets.  One car, however, has wire wheels while the second car has pressed steel wheels.  A 1934 Chevy advert shows all models having wire wheels, and a 1935 Chevy advert shows all models having pressed steel wheels.  Yet a well documented 1935 Chevy Standard Coupe has wire wheels.

34 Chevrolet ad.jpg

34 Chevrolet ad 001 models.jpg

35 Chevrolet ad 002 line illustration.jpg

35 Chevrolet Standard Coupe 001 01-05.webp

• Like 4

4 hours ago, LCK81403 said:

Any Chevrolet folks know what the story is with the 1934 Chevy dealer photo?  A sign says open for business Chevrolet and Ford (kind of surprising that), with both cars being what appears to be 1934 Chevrolets.  One car, however, has wire wheels while the second car has pressed steel wheels.  A 1934 Chevy advert shows all models having wire wheels, and a 1935 Chevy advert shows all models having pressed steel wheels.  Yet a well documented 1935 Chevy Standard Coupe has wire wheels.

34 Chevrolet ad.jpg

34 Chevrolet ad 001 models.jpg

35 Chevrolet ad 002 line illustration.jpg

35 Chevrolet Standard Coupe 001 01-05.webp

Aftermarket wheels - General Jumbos or similar? Size possibly 9.00 x 13?