Period images to relieve some of the stress

Walt G

In 1922, Kinso Ninomiya opened the Ninomiya Studio in Little Tokyo, Los Angeles. Due to Executive Order 9066 in 1942, the studio was forced to close but was reopened by Kinso and his son, Elwin Ichiro, in 1949. The studio operated in Little Tokyo until its final closing in 1986. 

Thankfully, our government did not force the destruction of his work otherwise you wouldn't be looking at this photo.

image.png.438d22be79787d2287db3bf567f97ef0.png

• Like 3

On 5/20/2023 at 10:39 AM, George K said:

This has to be the quintessential throwback design Lincoln ever built. Not a Lincoln guy but I like it.

I like the weird and obscure………but this one doesn’t fit into any category. I have seen it in person. Hugo Pfau wrote an article about how it didn’t sell for 18 months. Seems it was an insider joke at the salon. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, keiser31 said:

GREAT shot of that 1931 Dodge Brothers DH6 rumble seat coupe!

Interesting photo……no parking sign painted on the pole, the trolly tracks and cobble stones, a great snapshot frozen in time. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, edinmass said:

I like the weird and obscure………but this one doesn’t fit into any category. I have seen it in person. Hugo Pfau wrote an article about how it didn’t sell for 18 months. Seems it was an insider joke at the salon. 

That’s the point. It’s totally out of place.  It’s a funky homage to a bygone era in coach building. It’s a outlier. 

On 5/21/2023 at 10:49 AM, alsancle said:

If you were wondering why most cars at wood insert in the sedan roofs until the late 30s.

FB_IMG_1653176817874.jpg

Wasn't the reason there was no press this big prior to the 30s due to the fact that no rolling mills were able to roll sheet wide enough?

• Like 7

11 hours ago, edinmass said:

Interesting photo……no parking sign painted on the pole, the trolly tracks and cobble stones, a great snapshot frozen in time. 

Would the precarious web of electrical wiring positioned overhead be mostly for the trollies? 

Can't help but wonder what that clearance was...

Edited by 30DodgePanel (see edit history)