Period images to relieve some of the stress

Walt G

15 hours ago, alsancle said:

Highest and best use for a Pierce Arrow.

3 9 4.jpg

Says the guy whose cars don’t run till he sends them to Pierce Arrow mechanic……….because Pierce Arrow’s don’t break down so we have nothing to work on! 😂

Pierce Arrow drivers motto:  Eating Cadillac’s and shixxing Packards! 😛

Edited by edinmass (see edit history)
  • Haha 4

52 minutes ago, alsancle said:

Fond memories of living on a lake but boats are pain in the ass.

sm6-25-50-003.jpg

July 18 Thumb Drive 2 1046.JPG

Yes they are....... but like Golf and classic cars........  there’s that one perfect shot, that one fall drive through the mountains..........that summer night with friends and family that was perfect and the boat was running great, and you tell yourself “it is worth it”. 

logical......probably not.  But I frequently spend time, money, effort on the ridiculous. 

20 years ago I sold my wife on the idea of summer lake cottage as “relaxing, reading a book, tranquil cruises, drinking sweet tea while not having a care in the world “

for every hour of that, there is nine hours of yard work, painting, fixing boats, fixing lifts, killing wasps in boat house,.........”

it’s a lot like having 100 year old cars.  

image.jpeg.806e1e7dbb5876dd2a53ec220da044db.jpeg

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, John Bloom said:

Yes they are....... but like Golf and classic cars........  there’s that one perfect shot, that one fall drive through the mountains..........that summer night with friends and family that was perfect and the boat was running great, and you tell yourself “it is worth it”. 

logical......probably not.  But I frequently spend time, money, effort on the ridiculous. 

20 years ago I sold my wife on the idea of summer lake cottage as “relaxing, reading a book, tranquil cruises, drinking sweet tea while not having a care in the world “

for every hour of that, there is nine hours of yard work, painting, fixing boats, fixing lifts, killing wasps in boat house,.........”

it’s a lot like having 100 year old cars.  

image.jpeg.806e1e7dbb5876dd2a53ec220da044db.jpeg

Many a man have spent a fortune chasing the dream. 73195F5F-55EB-49E5-8B58-10103874F4DE.jpeg.6d59f1d09837c44025d7e5240e36e194.jpeg54959505-91DB-4F5E-B6DF-4A4A57DB64E2.jpeg.6fb493bbbfc391f801875faa8ce8e141.jpeg

• Like 4

6 hours ago, alsancle said:

3 3 1.jpg

Do you know the back story on this early 1933 Plymouth (engineering code PC)?

Optioned out with the fender marker lights, dual trumpets and, if I am seeing them correctly, some sort of visor over the headlights. Obviously new at the time with the 1933 California plate but I have never seen that type of fender mounted light on North American cars of that era. The had something like that on the equivalent 1933 Chrysler Kew 6 in England, but not so far as I am aware in the US. Also am I seeing the headlights correctly? I associate aftermarket visors on headlights with a later era.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ply33 said:

Do you know the back story on this early 1933 Plymouth (engineering code PC)?

Optioned out with the fender marker lights, dual trumpets and, if I am seeing them correctly, some sort of visor over the headlights. Obviously new at the time with the 1933 California plate but I have never seen that type of fender mounted light on North American cars of that era. The had something like that on the equivalent 1933 Chrysler Kew 6 in England, but not so far as I am aware in the US. Also am I seeing the headlights correctly? I associate aftermarket visors on headlights with a later era.

Sorry.  No idea.

• Like 1

Although the Plymouth was new in Ca. with plates from that state was it possibly destined to go overseas , to a location that was also like England where fenders had to have marker lights? Can our Australian and New Zealand readers/viewers comment ?