Period images to relieve some of the stress

Walt G

1 minute ago, edinmass said:

The orange tires from the era still survive,  I had on in my hands a few months ago.........a very neat keepsake for a great car. It was at the shop where the car was restored. Ask Chris about making the new orange tires sometime........quite an ordeal.

I do not think it was Chris' favorite project. 

The 851SC Speedster I take car of has the new Goodyear “chop side” white walls. They look great, and go down the road well. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, 30DodgePanel said:

For me this is such a classic photo that is straight from a Norman Rockwell or car ad from the time. 

Just a great photo.

Hastings Express.jpg

I believe that's a Vim, made in Philadelphia.  Great shot!

• Like 2

An SGV.  Was that windshield design for aesthetics, or for cars traveling so fast they needed extra support to keep the windshield from laying flat at speed?  I think (and hope) there is another reason one of the viewers will share.

SGV.jpg

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Fossil said:

It's so interesting to see photos of cars in everyday use, the people that used them, and the settings they were used in. 

Thank you. 

I only have a few,  all 34 LaSalle conv. 

I saved the 3rd pic as it is the only 34 LaS vintage photo that I have seen with optional factory fold-in luggage rack braces. They are very deco styled and I found a pair on ebay some years back pretty cheap. Nobody wanted them so they were discounted by the seller.... as they are not everyone's cup of tea when folded inwards. (the rack deck was removable and stored in the lower tool trunk)

las1.jpg.2901b54a38ce0b5eafc92669b3cdf9a3.jpg1295038850_34LaSalleExport.jpg.86b35ac6616670666ea1cda10999d29a.jpglas4.thumb.jpg.d4d88659bc34ed0901ace935a28a38fd.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1