Period images to relieve some of the stress

Walt G

2 hours ago, John_Mereness said:

Do not know where it was, though caught my eye on Facebook 

I got it from Gustav Schumacher's son (who is about 90 now).   Prospect Garage became "Schumacher Motor Service" and they built a number of specials and race cars to order in the 20s and 30s. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, John_Mereness said:

1927_Roadster_Model-90

A 1927 Gardner Model 90 Roadster on display at the 27th Annual New York Motor Show at Grand Central Palace. (gardnermotorcars.com)

I was just telling a budy

52 minutes ago, John_Mereness said:

This Earth Is Mine 1959 Original Movie Still #FFF-53320 ...

Candid pic of Rock Hudson behind scenes... - The Rock Hudson ...

This Earth Is Mine 1959 -Rock Hudson, Jean Simmons, Claude Rains ...

This Earth is Mine (1959) Henry King, Rock Hudson, Jean Simmons ...

I believe there are 4 real ones and about 12 "tributes" floating around.   I friend owns one of the real ones and the amount of money he will have in the restoration would boggle your mind.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, John_Mereness said:

107931043_10158904900282189_6442978649181960806_n.jpg?_nc_cat=109&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=O3OcoiYLR6kAX8VHX0Z&_nc_ht=scontent.fluk1-1.fna&oh=8ee6e9326c3faba4fbb62bb50b59b394&oe=5F3814ED

1932 Packard 904 for sale in Lynchburg, VA

PACKARD, 1932 Model 904 "Super Eight" One-off Sports Sedan, with full custom coachwork by "Waterhouse" of Webster, MA. History as known, sold in the mid 70's from a HMN classified ad (Long Island, NY) to Gene Perkins (then president of the CCCA). At the time, the car was a low mileage original car (dark blue with a dark brown leather top). It was inexpensively cosmetically restored by standards of the day in the two shades of green that remains today. From there, it was purchased to be used as a trade car towards a 32 Packard Custom Dietrich coupe Roadster that attorney Jeremy Haas (Santa Barbara, CA) was selling. It was shown at the 1990 Pebble Beach Concours, along with 18 other Waterhouse bodied Classics. That's where I first saw it. About 20 years later, with Haas having declining health I was able to buy it. It runs perfectly and is very reliable. It is a true "sport sedan" with lightweight front seats and no divider window. It is a LWB and with its rear mount spare, it looks a mile long. It has been speculated that it may well have been a NY Auto Show display stand car. It was delivered new by Packard of NYC. Extraordinary find in the realm of CCCA Classic cars. Worthy of a concours restoration. It is certain to be invited to all of the greatest Concours, once restored. Price $685,000. Available to be seen in Central Virginia. Phone 215-906-7001 (call or text) Email- j537mjs@aol.com

• Like 2

4 hours ago, John_Mereness said:

Sure, buy something easy to find photos for !

1940 Graham Hollywood Sedan & Convertible | The convertible … | Flickr

1940 Graham Hollywood Convertible | Cars, Vintage trucks, Vintage cars

This does not appear to be a period photo given license plates (and mirrors on the sedan)

Graham-Paige Model 113

graham-paige_graham_hollywood.thumb.jpg.fb013f5ff38dd9f0c3d5568856182000.jpg

John,  close but not the same.  I posted a picture of the 2 passenger convertible coupe.  Everything else you will find is the 5 Passenger phaeton.

• Like 1