American Arrow / Don Sommers

Bill - 29 Buick

Has anyone had contact with American Arrow recently.  I know that Don Sommers passed away a short while ago.  I have been unsuccessful in contacting them on behalf of a friend in Australia who is looking for his pre-paid 1929 Buick radiator mascot.  Any information would be appreciated.

Bill McLaughlin

1929 Silver Anniversary Buick Club

Bill@29Buick.ca

416-580-5802

• 1 year later...
On 12/10/2019 at 2:12 PM, Larry Schramm said:

If anyone needs help in a contact, PM me with the information and I can stop by the shop.

I have been trying for a long time to find the company Don Sommer (American Arrow Corp) without success. I know Don has passed away, but has the company ceased?  I see that you have knowledge of Don, do you know anything about status. What I'm looking for is the Tonneau Windshield for my Buick 8-95 1931 model.

I spoke to Don Sommer’s daughter “Cindy/Cyndi” last week and was able to purchase the last 1927 Buick Goddess they had.  According to my conversation with Cindy she said they have made a decision to not manufacture anymore ornaments “at this time” and that they make them down the road but as of right now they are not making any more.

When I spoke with Cindy she did have one 1928 Buick Goddess left as well, so hopefully this information helps someone who may be looking for one!

Cindy sent me picture of both the 1927 Goddess I ended up purchasing and the 1928 as shown below....

I was sad to see that Mr. Sommer has passed away in 2019 as I had seen him on various car related shows such as Barry Meguires’ Car Krazy and I believe Leno’s Garage. (I don’t have the best memory!). It seemed Mr. Sommer has a wealth of knowledge about the industry that we all love and he was a true artisan of his craft!

7C874A9F-535C-4F9F-9957-2A3D0554C742.jpeg

On 12/6/2019 at 2:51 PM, Str8-8-Dave said:

They still have a website at

https://americanarrowcorp.com/

They also have mascots and articulated headlight mounts for Trippe and other steerable headlights listed.

I don’t think the website is in operation any longer but I’ll text Cindy/Cyndi Sommer and ask her.

i know last week when I attempted to access the website it was found and I just tried again and nothing....

Looks like they shut down the site at some point after Mr. Sommer passed away unfortunately!

3 hours ago, Crazyfamily said:

I don’t think the website is in operation any longer but I’ll text Cindy/Cyndi Sommer and ask her.

i know last week when I attempted to access the website it was found and I just tried again and nothing....

Looks like they shut down the site at some point after Mr. Sommer passed away unfortunately!

Indeed since I made my post with the web address in 2019 the website has gone dark.  I probably should have bought a Mercury Man mascot for my 31 buick while they were still around.  

Edited by Str8-8-Dave (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Yeah I know what you mean, I really wasn’t looking to get a Goddess right now but thought if she only has one left it’s now or never!  And finding an original one In pot metal is the ever “growing issue” or swelling!

so I went ahead and ordered it!

there is apparently one of the 1928 Goddess left, as of Sunday anyway!

• Like 1

Dan Sommers recently helped me replace a stripped part. He can make parts, has access to (some of Don's?) parts, and is very helpful-

a good guy, in my opinion.

I have Dan's contact and if you need help, PM me.

• Like 3

On 2/16/2021 at 1:03 PM, West Peterson said:

I still recommend contact her brother, Dan. Dan is still making ornaments. All Cindy is doing is selling what was on the shelf when Don died... some of it good, some of it not good. Dan and Cindi are not in business together.

gotcha I didnt know this!  Well hopefully all arrives in the condition is should, another reason why I only pay via protected methods!

i never send money via “friends and family” and I’ll gladly reimburse a seller the 3% PayPal fee to have a middleman if there is an issue!

id love to have Dan’s contact information if someone can message me w it just in case!

• 6 months later...

I was with Dan a couple of days ago.  He and his sister are in the process of dividing parts of the business.  Who has what is currently in flux.  Time will tell who has what and how the disposition of each will be completed.  I was told that there might be a booth at Hershey to sell some of the items, but not absolutely sure.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...