Mystery Car

Gee Zee

I would say maybe $200 if someone wants it for lawn art or needs a few trinkets for their project.  I imagine any of the plated parts are rough,   which is where most of the value in these lie and those parts are pretty readily available. 

If you see some wild eyed kid who would just love to have it to work on,  give it to him.  You will make his day if not week/ Month even though it's not worth restoring.  Many of us never finished out first car but it kindled the fire that burns in all of us here. 

• Thanks 1

The guys who provide movie props could use a car like that for a scene where a car blows up or is wrecked.  For example, a scene in a film or TV show where a car is parked at a dock in Pearl Harbor and destroyed -- you don't want to wreck a real driveable car -- so you slap some paint on it, no harm, no foul. Put an ad in an industry paper or site: "Prop Car  For Sale _ _ '41 CHEVY".

• Like 1

I don't agree with too much of what has been posted here so far. '41 Chevy's have always been goodlooking,collectable cars. What I see is a lot of very straight sheelmetal. It must not be in super humid country or the roof would have a hole instead of a garden and the panels would be scaling. A lot depends on how the lower end of the doors,right rear fender,front fenders are. It looks like a tire on the left rear which means there is at least part of a chassis under it which may have helped keep parts out of the dirt. Unless the lower 4" is rusted away,it's still great hot rod material. If all the window mouldings are in it,they have value. Looks like the front seat may be in it,probably the same as coupe and it has value. If it was mine,I would jack and block it up,check out the lower end,and if it wasn't too bad,advertise it for sale,and I would start at around $850. You may have to try to get a title for it. If just some of the body parts are good,advertise you're parting one out. Doors,fenders,hood,seat, the group mouldings  can be worth at least $150 each,maybe up to $225. If the quarter panels are not rusted through,you might cut one out and get $350 to $450. Of course then there is boxing,crating and shipping. Good luck.

• Like 1

I see alot of missing pieces and I would bet the lower metal is not very good,  especially if someone took a blaster to it as it's buried.  Lots of these cars out there to still harvest parts from.  I stick by my 200 and then only if you snag a dreamer.  Now if it has a mint spinner steering wheel or even a really good core then I would up it a tad but I think those were only on 1940 models.  

Rear photo shows trunk lid, and quarters are rotted out. 

Edited by auburnseeker (see edit history)

About 15 years ago, I found a 1937 Plymouth in about this condition, except that it was upside down. The landowner said his son had rolled it over in 1966, and left it. He sold it to me for $75.00, which is what he had paid for it in 1965,

All the wheels still turned; and I took all springs, axles, and related parts for my 1937 Dodge project. Over about a year, I got about $500 for all the other parts, from dashboard parts to the frame. I figured it benefitted about 12 or 15 restorers and (shudder) hot rodders.

I had a good time taking it all apart , (and left only the center part of the roof out on the woods);  and those parts are out somewhere on the  road. The best selling parts were all the dashboard "jewelry", steering wheel stuff,  window regulators, and door handles.

The $500 did not make up for much of an hourly wage, but it was a good experience, and I had a lot better idea of how my 37 Dodge was put together .. Sort of like how a medical student dissects a cadaver.

Must be more people out there looking for 41 Chevy stuff than there were for 37 Plymouth stuff.

Edited by Douglas Gilmore Brown (see edit history)