1941 dual carb intake exhaust 320

41specialman

On 3/29/2019 at 9:54 AM, Lawrence Helfand said:

How much?

I would like to get $2,000.00 plus shipping and would take $1,800.00 to get it a knew home plus shipping

On 3/29/2019 at 10:52 AM, shanezwarg said:

How much. 5099810972. Canus19@yahoo.com 

I would like $2,000.00 but would take $1,800.00 to get it a knew home 

Well, it is way too much money with the shipping.  I'm not desperate.  I just would buy a spare if it was priced within reason....or reason to me at least.  Good luck.   In a pinch, a person could always install a single carb manifold from 1936-1940 or 1946-1951. 

Just read Guide to Buick buy sell! No comments/ opions on pricing as it just leads to bickering and hard feelings. Seems like a good idea. 

19 hours ago, 2carb40 said:

Just read Guide to Buick buy sell! No comments/ opions on pricing as it just leads to bickering and hard feelings. Seems like a good idea. 

X2 for me.............

Hey 2carb, you need this set up. Colorado is not that far, and you need a vacation.

Mike in Colorado

Take a vaca Mike. Mamma and me can house sit. Oh, and leave the keys for the Buick, might need to take a run to the liquor store! Oh, thats right, you guys can run right down to the "Mary Jane" store for a dime bag! Dang! No cash for fuel! Story of my life! Take care Mike, Im thinkn' a stop in Denver on way to LA roadster show. Thats restored cars only, right?

On 4/6/2019 at 1:24 PM, 2carb40 said:

If it dont sell it will be scrap iron and off to junkyard to recycle someone needs this 

Don't do "If I don't get my price, I'm just going to throw it in the trash," blackmail marketing. Price them appropriately and someone will gladly take the parts off your hands. You've already had two interested parties here who understand what they're worth. Good exhaust manifolds are rare, but I can still buy them for $1000-1200/pair from a number sources. Intakes are worth $200-250 and you can buy those fairly easily since they don't break (I think I have 4 of 5 of them on the shelf). $2000 might be a price for a complete setup from air cleaner to exhaust flanges with good carburetors and linkage, but the three cast iron pieces you've got, if the manifolds aren't broken or cracked (have you magnafluxed them?), are probably worth $1000-1200. Yes, they're rare. Yes, a vast majority of them are cracked and broken. But how many large series cars are there in need of these? It's not like the six or seven of us who are interested in such parts are going to fight over them and most of us just want them as spares, not because we have a car that isn't running without them.

I'll never need them again now that I've built and jigged a set of headers that will fit, blend in, and will never break, and I suspect my headers will be more in demand than original manifolds for that very reason. It's a tiny, tiny market and the bottom is about to fall out...

1493254231_2019-03-1616_39_18.thumb.jpg.1927a7603757ccdca57de1a2b9794e0f.jpg

Sell the parts to someone who needs them for the right price, but please don't threaten to trash everything. That's really not cool.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Put another way (and the moderator can remove this if not appropriate) I AVOID the 320 inch motor equipped cars specifically for this reason.  If I need one of the exhaust manifolds, I know I am going to have to take it on the chin.  It's a declining market UNLESS Bob's or someone fronts the bill and casts a run of these. 

Man, you sure have a rough crowd over here!  Sorry about that and I hate to steer you away, but you do have options.

Give the guys over at the HAMB site a try:  https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/forums/parts-for-sale.47/

These guys seem to be appreciative.  You have a mixed audience of hot rodders but also authentic car restoration guys there.  I search for parts in that forum and sell over there as well.

Good luck

2 hours ago, kgreen said:

Give the guys over at the HAMB site a try:  https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/forums/parts-for-sale.47/

Thank you for the good link. A quick look inspired me to get the 10" Bendix brakes off that Texas rearend I have.

You are right about this being a tough group. "Certain words are creeping into my conversation. Words like dogma, and who's that old man.  Could be trouble.

Highly entertaining, though.

• Like 1

On 4/10/2019 at 3:38 PM, 41specialman said:

I can only move them so many times and tired of that if 

I get a good offer on them is all I need but so far have not 

And posted several times and still have them so the market 

Is not out there for them anymore 

Hang in 41. I finally sold my radiator, although I did have to drop the asking price a bit.  The right person just has not seen the ad. 

Ben

I can only move them so many times and tired of that if 

I get a good offer on them is all I need but so far have not 

And posted several times and still have them so the market 

Is not out there for them and I really dont care what Matt says or anyone else for the matter out of all the 41 Buick 320 or 248 manifolds I have been around I never have saw a cracked or broken one and have saw hundreds of 5hem