PRE-WAR BUICK GATHERING AT CHICKASHA

Terry Wiegand

All Buick enthusiasts will gather at High Noon on Friday, March 15th at Steve Hammitt's booth.  I have spoken with Pete Phillips and he will be there for photographs.  This is a great opportunity to meet up with old friends again and make new friends at the same time.

Looking forward to seeing everybody again this year.

Terry Wiegand

South Hutchinson, Kansas

• Like 1

Sorry about that Mr.Green.   We have been doing this for so many years now and everyone just knows that the Chickasha Swap Meet is in Oklahoma.  It is about 40 miles Southwest of Oklahoma City on I-44.  I think it would be fair to say that this swap meet is one of the best in the middle part of the country.  They come from both ends of the country and from other parts of the world.  We'll all hope to see you there.

Terry Wiegand

South Hutchinson, Kansas

22 hours ago, Terry Wiegand said:

Sorry about that Mr.Green.   We have been doing this for so many years now and everyone just knows that the Chickasha Swap Meet is in Oklahoma.  It is about 40 miles Southwest of Oklahoma City on I-44.  I think it would be fair to say that this swap meet is one of the best in the middle part of the country.  They come from both ends of the country and from other parts of the world.  We'll all hope to see you there.

Terry Wiegand

South Hutchinson, Kansas

I have been going for over 25 years. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

The Pre-War Buick enthusiasts met at high noon as we have for the last few years to renew old friendships and get caught up with who is doing what to their cars.  For quite a few of us this meet had a rather somber tone to it.  We learned that the 2020 Meet next year will be the last one.  Mike and Susie Ersland said that after 30 years it was time to call it quits.  They said that they were getting tired and that their business was big factors in their decision to pull the plug.  Several Horseless Carriage Club members were saying that the Swap Meet at Pate down in Texas is welcoming the pre-war crowd to come and join their get-together.  Looks like 2021 will be the year that this Buick enthusiast crosses the ol' Red River for the annual Buick Enthusiasts get-together.

Terry Wiegand

South Hutchinson, Kansas

P3150401.JPG

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

After missing out on the group photo last year, I set my phone's alarm this time.

It was great to be able to reconnect with some of the Buick pre-war long-time friends, and to put faces together with FORUM handles.

Hopefully RANDY and GAYLE DEKKER'S '33 Buick coupe has, or will soon find the right new home.

PS: In the above photo, I'm on the left in the dark blue shirt, next to Ben's '50 Buick T-shirt, so if you see me somewhere on tour or at a show, please at least say "howdy', and maybe get a cup of coffee.

Edited by Marty Roth (see edit history)

On ‎3‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 11:43 AM, Terry Wiegand said:

P3150401.JPG

I will try.  From the left in first row Pete Phillips on knees, Sandy Rose just over Pete's left shoulder, Me behind Sandy, Marty Roth standing next in the dark blue shirt, Ben Bruce on Marty's left, Joann Dyresen in beige coat, Don Dyresen in red shirt behind her left shoulder,  Barb Wiegand at far right and Terry Wietgand in orange shirt to her right.  Sorry for the individuals that I do not remember their name.

Edited by Larry Schramm (see edit history)
  • Like 4

On 3/16/2019 at 10:43 AM, Terry Wiegand said:

The Pre-War Buick enthusiasts met at high noon as we have for the last few years to renew old friendships and get caught up with who is doing what to their cars.  For quite a few of us this meet had a rather somber tone to it.  We learned that the 2020 Meet next year will be the last one.  Mike and Susie Ersland said that after 30 years it was time to call it quits.  They said that they were getting tired and that their business was big factors in their decision to pull the plug.  Several Horseless Carriage Club members were saying that the Swap Meet at Pate down in Texas is welcoming the pre-war crowd to come and join their get-together.  Looks like 2021 will be the year that this Buick enthusiast crosses the ol' Red River for the annual Buick Enthusiasts get-together.

Terry Wiegand

South Hutchinson, Kansas

P3150401.JPG

Terry, the Pate Meet is so big and spread out, it sure would be nice if they would have a specific area for Pre-War vendors.. Maybe someone should make a suggestion to who is in charge.. Just a thought..

Terry

As you can see from my last email, I'm getting an early start for the 2020 Pate Swap Meet expanding our prewar area. With the demise of the Chickasha prewar meet, Pate will be a reasonable transition for many of us in the prewar end of the antique car hobby.

We need feedback from prewar vendors, telling us what all we can do to accommodate them other than setting up a marked off area for prewar. We plan on having Pate automated just after the 2020 meet. Several members from Pate's workforce will approach every vendor this year and get their email address along with a list of what that vendor primarily sells.

As soon as the information can be assembled into a data base, we will contact everyone we see currently selling prewar parts or cars and invite them to move to the prewar area. We may attempt this with several other specialized groups such as motorcycles, tractors (and stationary engines)  and other specialties.

We can have a couple ez up canopies set up this year and something much larger for next year. I just got off the phone with our coordinator getting permission to send this post. He told me that he will provide a 50x100 tent for the 2020 meet if enough vendors from our prewar and manufacturers midway areas request covered spaces. 

While Pate can't duplicate the close together atmosphere of Chickasha, we will strive to do our best to host the prewar groups that will participate with us.

For those of you not already familiar with Pate, please pull up (pateswapmeet.com)  and scroll down to the video. You will see what we consider a well laid out meet. Please look thru the webpage for area hotels and the services Pate provides it's vendors and guests.

Thanks

Sam Romeo