Swift Wireless Turnsignals

1937-44

The Smartsignal turnsignals are no longer available but now these are on the market.  Like the Smartsignal this is a set of four lights so you have them out front as well as in back which is what I would prefer. These cost more but if you have multiple cars that need turnsignals it would be tempting. Has anybody tried a set and if so are you happy with them?

https://swifthitch.com/pages/taillights-landing

Edited by 1937-44 (see edit history)

17 minutes ago, mercer09 said:

though not very attractive.

Very true, the Smart Signal system was in my opion less attractive though. It seems it's hard to design a nice looking add on light.

5 minutes ago, MICKTHEDIG said:

Here is another option http://theegyptgarage.com/ for wireless lights

But that only works on the rear of a car. I like the idea of having turnsignals on the front as well.

4 hours ago, Mark Wetherbee said:

Looking at the ad it appears they Velcro in place, if that is what I see it’s an easy remove when you get somewhere. I like the safety aspect, but they are ugly and expensive.

They supposedly have a magnetic mount so the straps are probably an added precaution. 

Agreed on the expensive and ugly, but most of the add on turnsignals take away from the appeal of a car. I probably wouldn't consider them if I only had one car but the simplification and ease of transferring them from one car to another is what makes them tempting. Also unlike the Smart signal ones it appears the batteries are readily available and easy to replace.

Do I dare hope this is made right here in our good old USA  ? I am always happy to pay considerably more for a quality domestic product. I watched their video, and read the manual. This has some extremely well thought out functions which would promote safety.

-     Carl 

I don't know if they are made in the USA or not. They do have some nice functions. I like that the batteries are user replaceable. One thing that does surprise me is the control doesn't have a steering column bracket.  It would be nice to see them in person before shelling out that kind of money and hear some kind of reviews.

Carl

2 hours ago, MochetVelo said:

Search eBay under "wireless led bicycle turn signal" and you'll see some inexpensive options.

I have tried the bicycle turn signal on my 1929 Studebaker sedan with a 135 wheelbase.   Unfortunately, with a closed sedan body style, the bicycle wireless turn signal do not always work.  The signal strength is not strong enough to make a reliable connection from the drivers seat through the closed body to back of the car.   Perhaps with an open car the signal strength of bicycle turn signals might work more reliably. 

• Thanks 1