Deduction for Flare O Flames

I'm wondering how many points I'll lose for having these Flare O Flames installed on my '49 Mercsel. I'm afraid I'll damage them if I try to remove them, and I've got $4 invested in the pair. 😧

Flare o Flame ad.PNG

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

I would expect a 1 or 2 point deduction.  The maximum deduction for exhaust is 5 points.  However the Chassis Judge could make the deduction under "Other" as an incorrect aftermarket item and take more than 2 points.  It's really the call of the Judge and Team Captain on this one.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 61polara said:

I would expect a 1 or 2 point deduction.  The maximum deduction for exhaust is 5 points.  However the Chassis Judge could make the deduction under "Other" as an incorrect aftermarket item and take more than 2 points.  It's really the call of the Judge and Team Captain on this one.

It was a joke - poor attempt at humor on my part. I think you've got the deductions down pat though.  👍👍 

Skip the imitation flames and go for the real deal!

This is Bob Fryz' "Sh-Boom":

hqdefault.jpg

But, it'll cost more than $4 every time you light 'em up!

And don't forget extra fire extinguishers....

The judging forum is typically used for serious questions about potentially controversial judging questions. As such, the answers in this forum are going to be serious. Humor just does not fit in this particular forum that well. You would have been more likely to have found funny replies in another forum. 

• 4 weeks later...