'54 Buick Roadmaster Riviera on BaT

kgreen

an interesting and to me a desirable color scheme. Also interesting is the fact that Arctic White was the most popular '54 Buick color. Will be interesting to see the outcome of the sale of this nice looking but sadly incorrectly restored beauty.      and thanks for thinking of me @Marty Roth ,  see you at Hershey? :)

Lamar,

Where is it incorrectly restored? I just want to know for my own curiosity. I see an incorrect trunk liner and spare tire cover, blue heater hoses, possibly incorrect carpeting (should be Daytona weave), and the lack of molded radiator hoses, but what else?
Pete Phillips, BCA #7338

P.S.: And the outside of the wheels should be red, like they are in the inside.

Edited by Pete Phillips
additional thought (see edit history)
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Pete Phillips said:

Lamar,

Where is it incorrectly restored? I just want to know for my own curiosity. I see an incorrect trunk liner and spare tire cover, blue heater hoses, possibly incorrect carpeting (should be Daytona weave), and the lack of molded radiator hoses, but what else?
Pete Phillips, BCA #7338

P.S.: And the outside of the wheels should be red, like they are in the inside.

Not meaning to cut the car, just thinking what a shame the seller used cut loop carpet instead of Gros Point (Daytona Weave came in '55) and some type of fabric instead of panels in the trunk among other things. However the workmanship of both appears excellent. Correct materials are available for both and would have been worth the expense.   The seat and door panel upholstery is either original or some of  the best repro I've ever seen.

It wouldn't take much to correct some of the other nitpicky items I see. Radiator hose and clamps, overflow tube offset, fanbelts, vacuum lines and rocker and plug covers should be BEG, fuel pump could or could not have received overspray (factory manual calls for it to be covered when engine is painted) underside of hood should be black with some overspray of body color incorrect battery terminal covers, power steering hose couplings are painted, power steering cover should read Automatic Transmission Fluid instead of Hydraulic, carb linkage  appears to be painted, washer jar appears to be good original but missing a hose, oil filler cap should be BEG, battery hold down is incorrect repro, hood latch receiver and radiator frame mounting bolts should not be painted, bottom shock mounts are aftermarket.... and that's just to name a few most obvious,  there are other things. The car appears to be relatively solid and in good condition before the respray. It was most likely produced very early in the year as it does not have power brakes. It really wouldn't take  a lot to make it show worthy.

• Like 2

@Rooster , not gonna try to estimate what someone might offer on it but will throw out a personal opinion of value based on pics and description of mid to high 20's.  If the new paint job is high quality and the restoration correctly completed including mechanicals, double or maybe even triple that.....  :)    WDYT ?

On 9/4/2018 at 9:21 AM, MrEarl said:

@Rooster , not gonna try to estimate what someone might offer on it but will throw out a personal opinion of value based on pics and description of mid to high 20's.  If the new paint job is high quality and the restoration correctly completed including mechanicals, double or maybe even triple that.....  :)    WDYT ?

4 hours to a deal you shouldn't pass up!!

CURRENT BID: $11,250 ENDS IN: