What's wrong with this '57 Chevy?

Lebowski

8 hours ago, DLynskey said:

it seems to have started life as a 4-door hardtop and the rear doors were eliminated to make it a 2-door. 

Right. Wouldn't it have been a lot easier to just start with a 2 door instead of doing all that extra work to try to give it the appearance of a 2 door? :rolleyes:

2 hours ago, Lebowski said:

Right. Wouldn't it have been a lot easier to just start with a 2 door instead of doing all that extra work to try to give it the appearance of a 2 door? :rolleyes:

Have you priced a 2dr HT tri-five Chevy???

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, joe_padavano said:

Have you priced a 2dr HT tri-five Chevy???

Actually the funny thing is I don't think project 57 Chevies have gone up alot in price in the last 30 years.   Nice done cars can be had in the 30's.  Not perfect but pretty nice.  I remember as a 16 year old kid lusting after a 2 door hardtop that had some rust in the floors,  totally trashed chrome and a cobbled up interior with alot of it being in primer,  sitting at a local gas station fro sale and it was atleast $6500. I don't even remember if it had an engine, but was like this someone's old hot rod or drag car (less the straight axle) 

I bought my 56 Olds hardtop a year or two later because 57's were crazy priced and it was $2500 plus my army trunk full of 80's GI Joe toys for the seller's son. That was in 1992.   Fast forward to now and that same 57 chevy would probably be worth about 6500 still. 

Victoria lynne  had a good example of a 2 door tri five for around 10G I believe.  

The project cars needed to build a car like the one above aren't real expensive. 

I've seen alot of 4 doors priced close to what you can buy the same 2 door for with a little dilligence. 

Edited by auburnseeker (see edit history)
  • Like 2