Color - Ford 1946 sedan

bypass

Hello, everyone.

I have a 1946 Ford sedan (4 door) and I'd like to change the color. Can someone help me find the name, the code, this color (see the pics)? 

Probably the owner of the car uses this forum, or other forums just only about this cars. It would be great to talk to him directly, if someone gives me the contact (email). 

Thanks a lot

1946_Ford_Super_Deluxe_Coupe_Utility_(19889923340).jpg

26596261792_5479346ce7_b.jpg

https://www.google.com/search?q=1946+Ford+colors&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&

Tacoma Cream would have also been my guess, but it doesn't look like Ford offered a tan or cream in '46. That seems odd to me, but I glanced at a few of the sites that Google found for me and there was nothing close in '46. '47 has a Sahara Tan or something like that. The car in the photo is an Australian "Ute" so they might have different color options or that owner simply painted it a color he liked that was period appropriate, which I think is perfectly OK. If you like the color, find something similar and go with it. Maybe have your paint shop do a few spray-outs of a close colors so you can find one that you really like. I would go with one that has a bit of red in it (yes, red) to make it bright. Some creams are kind of flat but the ones that really pop use a few drops of red to get that real bright look. Skip any with metallic in them.

Have fun!

According to the V-8 Club book, in 1946, Ford did not offer any shade of yellow. "Utes" however were built in Australia so they might use different colors. If you are building your car for judging purposes, having the wrong color, is a big point deduction. By the pinstripe along the edge of the fender it looks like the owner painted the car the way he liked and not for judging.

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your all answers!!

I think that tacoma cream is more yellow and dark....and the car in two pics that I sent is lighter..and more white...

I agree with Paul Dobbin! In a sedan 4 door, it will be too yellow, thats why I´m trying to find the basis of the color that I want...is lighter..it will be a great help. The aim is to maintain all set of stainless trim (1946), wheels painted in the same color,  with ring and hubcap, and white wall tyres. I don´t want put any kind of pinstripe.  So the only exteriors differences between mine and the pics will be the model :D, and the pinstripe. Even if this color isn´t 100% original, that won't be a problem. The problem will be for me and paint shop find the color...I can´t miss...

Bleach the one that you post is to dark and brown...is very diferent from my pics

So at this moment I only have some clues:

tacoma cream

sahara tan

dakota cream (?)

I´ll explore in Australia...

Thanks a lot.