1920 Cleveland six model 40

Michael Peternell

Anyone currently in the process of restoring or working on one of these. You don't see alot around.

I'm working on a project now and would love to make contact with other people working on

One. I have alot of extra parts to sell and trade but need the same. Quite ahead of there time

With the overhead valve engine. Any information will be appreciated! Thank you and

Merry Christmas!

1513455449504-1861177268.jpg

1513455499979-790102351.jpg

1513455546050-1598399882.jpg

Looks like stuff I bought from a yard in Valley City , ND and another in Tower City ND.  (40 years ago) It was all cheap ....  Mostly Model T , TT and A. I made one big mistake then... I passed on a doodlebug  for $500.00. The guy had a big price on it because he thought it was really rare and valuable. He was right. It was a Stutz . I think 1925 or 26.

Edited by mikewest (see edit history)

HI Michael. You need to get in touch with Spencer Carl. Scroll way down to Chandler and Cleveland , under DOMESTIC MAKES & MODELS below. Spencer posts as "Studebeggar". He has a mechanically well sorted 1920 Model 40 Touring for sale. I would have bought it if I were 20 years younger. The car is growing old gracefully in Bishop , CA. Nothing much graceful about my old age ! A warm welcome to you ! I am very happy you are among us. What a project ! I look forward to seeing your progress here. Then again , you could take a trip to Bishop with $7500. ?    - C Carl 

3 hours ago, Larry Schramm said:

Where are you located?

Central Minnesota.

2 hours ago, mikewest said:

Looks like stuff I bought from a yard in Valley City , ND and another in Tower City ND.  (40 years ago) It was all cheap ....  Mostly Model T , TT and A. I made one big mistake then... I passed on a doodlebug  for $500.00. The guy had a big price on it because he thought it was really rare and valuable. He was right. It was a Stutz . I think 1925 or 26.

They came out of ND. A friend and his father drug them home in the 60's. I was born and raised a steel wheel tractor and gas engine guy. This car thing is very new to me.

40 minutes ago, C Carl said:

HI Michael. You need to get in touch with Spencer Carl. Scroll way down to Chandler and Cleveland , under DOMESTIC MAKES & MODELS below. Spencer posts as "Studebeggar". He has a mechanically well sorted 1920 Model 40 Touring for sale. I would have bought it if I were 20 years younger. The car is growing old gracefully in Bishop , CA. Nothing much graceful about my old age ! A warm welcome to you ! I am very happy you are among us. What a project ! I look forward to seeing your progress here. Then again , you could take a trip to Bishop with $7500. ?    - C Carl 

I have spoken to Spencer. Had a great visit on the phone. I'm going the way of the speedster with this. Way to much work to get it done like his. 

11109.jpeg

IMG_20161113_110102522_HDR.jpg

IMG_20161113_132732114_HDR.jpg

IMG_20161113_132958642.jpg

IMG_20161113_142918256.jpg

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Larry Schramm said:

What a haul.  A lot of work and opportunity.

Larry , It is a lot of work but after doing it all my life it never felt as bad as digging with a shovel or carrying shingles up a ladder onto a roof. I enjoy every minute of it.

• Like 1

Where are you located? Always the same question? Just wonder how hard it`s to put the  State-County-Country  on the left side below the !"member" and "post".

Can anyone tell why it`s so importent not to be recognized where they live!

We are all here to get  help or give help! OR?

Leif in Sweden.

• 1 year later...