is this the correct heater for master roadster 1925 Buick

sligermachine

Looks exactly like the one in my 1925 Std 4 passenger coupe.Do you have the control and valve to go with it ? A buffalo robe might come in handy too if you plan to drive it in the cold weather !

Jim

1925 Buick RF seat.JPG

• Like 1

The dealer would sell you any accessory you wanted and didn't argue with the customer if they thought it would be a good addition.

I have a 1930 Packard touring car and the factory issued accessory catalog showed heaters of assorted prices, did not state they couldn't be fitted

to an open car . If I was to fit one to the car to load it up with every gee gaw possible, and even if it was the factory authorized version it would properly be mounted under the dashboard on the firewall right in front of the passengers knees on the right side. The passengers knees would stay warm for about 30 seconds before the heat was sucked out the side of the car.

Sligermachine - LOVE YOUR ROADSTER - WAY COOL (no pun intended)

• Like 1

Slingermachine

That was standard equipment on the 1925 McLaughlin Buick Special cars ( same as Standard in the US). I'm not sure f they were fitted to the Masters. I think the Masters used a heater with a square grill that was flush to the floor.

The heater you have looks correct for 1925 McLaughlin closed models 21 25A, 26  27  and 28. You need the floor control shown ( 163725) and the valve assembly (not shown)  that clamps to the exhaust pipe ( its pretty rudimentary!)  You also need another tailpipe unless you want the heat on all of the time!

I have one off of a Model 21 that I was thinking off putting in our Model 25 open car only for the reason that dual pipes on a 1925 six cylinder would look really cool!

The Master's might have used a larger diameter exhaust and tailpipe so I'm not sure if the parts are transferable.

Brad

image.thumb.png.ce5268807a8052141ea186db3f47900c.png

• Like 1

Slingermachine

Here is a heater in a McLaughlin 25-45A .These were considered closed cars as they had the touring hard top. Not quite sure how you would get this in a roadster. I think the heaters were restricted to 4 seat cars that had a passenger compartment

If you want more specifics on what else is needed to install them in a Master, send a pm to Garnetkid  ( Leon ) on the is website.

I can't see why you wouldn't put one in a open car and certainly a lot safer that a closed car considering you are actually pumping carbon monoxide through the passenger compartment and any leakage would be more hazardous in a sealed up closed car!!

I think there is good reason why they changed  to using engine coolant for interior heater!

Brad

image.png.a5cdd5432610df32e80c25950e73ce57.png

I have a Perfection heater In my 23 Buick 6-48 - closed car, had to manufacture the flexible tube and a control rod to open the exhaust port underneath with a drivers side floor mounted pull, have learned it was an option, have never used it - don' need to be gased , the floor grate in the 23 is approx. 10" by 12" and sits in the rear center - Happy Holidays to all

Jim

19 hours ago, bradsan said:

Slingermachine

That was standard equipment on the 1925 McLaughlin Buick Special cars ( same as Standard in the US). I'm not sure f they were fitted to the Masters. I think the Masters used a heater with a square grill that was flush to the floor.

The heater you have looks correct for 1925 McLaughlin closed models 21 25A, 26  27  and 28. You need the floor control shown ( 163725) and the valve assembly (not shown)  that clamps to the exhaust pipe ( its pretty rudimentary!)  You also need another tailpipe unless you want the heat on all of the time!

I have one off of a Model 21 that I was thinking off putting in our Model 25 open car only for the reason that dual pipes on a 1925 six cylinder would look really cool!

The Master's might have used a larger diameter exhaust and tailpipe so I'm not sure if the parts are transferable.

Brad

image.thumb.png.ce5268807a8052141ea186db3f47900c.png

19 hours ago, bradsan said:

Slingermachine

Brad

I have that exact Heater Control Assmb.,   Part number 163725   (21-25A-27-28.)

It has been hanging on my wall for years. It appears that it has never been installed on a car as there are no scratches where the bolts would have been tightened up. I have no idea where I got it from and have wondered what it fit.

Edited by Roger Walling
Part number 163725 (see edit history)
  • Like 1

the roadster has a valve in the exhaust that's what made me think of it  the last owner left notes tied all over the car  one tied to the valve saying the clamp in the valve held the clamp for the speedo cable  and it has 2 pipes that came with it so i thought it might need a heater . to be correct ,  when mark Shaw  was here at my house he told me the right paint job on engine is green would not take much to make it perfect so i think i will change the finish on the overhead valve 6 . I shur been thinking about the next car i'm planning on building a english wheel and making a copy of the roadster body for the 1924  Buick that's in my driveway right now it only has the complete front end that is in really good shape and I checked the engine out I think it will start and drive right now the guy i bought them off of said they were parked in the hanger not pushed in 1980   the cylinder walls looked in nice shape I pulled the plugs and filled the hole thing full of oil that is the way i like to store my future projects done it  that my whole life .Shaping the body is no big job I like making suits of armor to . but use  a hammer to do it all .hobby #43 making planishing hammers well my day was spent getting ready for the freeze to night cover all the vegetation so it would not freeze .all i wanted to work on was my 25 wood project now its like 28 deg . I did squeeze a little time in thought shaping some wood the trunk is done door posts and doors next .I Was thinking of making a few maybe 12 sets of wood for 1925 wood kits i do have 2 other 1924-1927 the wood in the 27 is really nice to use as patterns what do u guys think i was bummed that i could not buy a starting kit at least the basic shapes to start with just set up 4 or 5 cnc and have them in no time 

20171202_173839_Film1[1].jpg

20171202_191419_Film1[1].jpg

20171202_162826_Film1[1].jpg

20171202_173821_Film1[1].jpg

Kyle:

Great work on your wood. We love your enthusiasm for this type of work. I also know of several Master series roadsters out there in need of wood. Our problems are that some of these folks have been picking away at redoing the wood for many years and have lost interest by lack of progress. Maybe by doing CNC wood components from yours these abandoned projects may come alive again

Keep up the great work.

Larry

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dibarlaw said:

Kyle:

Great work on your wood. We love your enthusiasm for this type of work. I also know of several Master series roadsters out there in need of wood. Our problems are that some of these folks have been picking away at redoing the wood for many years and have lost interest by lack of progress. Maybe by doing CNC wood components from yours these abandoned projects may come alive again

Keep up the great work.

Larry

ok spread the word I will draw them in 3D all the hard parts any way - and get out my tool cutter grinder and make a few custom shaped cutters for hard wood and see how fast I can make a set of wood for a roadster --   kyle

• 2 years later...
On 12/4/2017 at 4:57 PM, dibarlaw said:

Kyle:

Keep up the great work.

Larry

i wish , wish  i had a little more time after working at the machine shop for 100 hr a week just not much left --kyle 

I would tell you a fine choice in heater for your 1925 Buick Roadster.  Given though you may need the floor boards out for service, you may need to be creative in the installation via redesigning the floor floorboard or the toe-board floorboard to allow removal and yet allow the heater portion to stay.