1928 sedan

West Peterson

Fours guys, wearing ties, in a big sedan, pulling a trailer. Maybe they´re in a jazz band going to a gig. That Peerless rad shell was in use 1925-1928, immediately after the Cadillac lookalike one in 23-24. The best guess on my part is that it´s a 1926 or 1927. Between 6-80, 6-72, and 8-69 it´s hard to tell. Interesting club medallion on the radiator. I have a photo of Louis Chevrolet in front of his new 6-80....I´ll have to check it.

Edited by jeff_a (see edit history)

I hadn´t even noticed the bullet headlights. For some reason I just looked at the one on the drivers side and it looked like a drum headlight. The odd thing  about the sedan is the built-in roof visor, which was on the ´27 Peerless closed cars but only, I think, on the  early ´28 ones. Generally, the ´28 closed cars had  cadet visors instead of the earlier French-style ones. So, it could be a late ´27/early ´28 Peerless.

Cowl lights moved from near the windshield on the ´26/´27 Peerlesses to a plated cowl band on the 1928s...though there are exceptions with some  early ´28s versus later ones. 

Enigmatic photo, West. In theory it could be a 1926, 1927, or 1928......and a Mod. 6-60, 6-80, 6-90, 6-72,  or 8-69. My best guess is that it´s a 1927 6-72 with replacement headlights from a 1928  6-60 -- since there should be cowl lights on a bright cowl band if it came with bullet headlights -- plus, it´s a big car & the headlights look too small on this one. I checked the picture of Louie´s Peerless and it has cowl lights, radiator shell, and roof visor similar to the one in West´s

photo, but drum headlights.

post-49853-143142178323_thumb.jpg  1928 Peerless Six-60 in Pioneer Auto Show Museum, Murdo, South Dakota -- between a Locomobile and a Buick.

On 10/24/2017 at 8:41 AM, DLynskey said:

What's on the pole behind the car? Looks like a mailbox on a telephone pole. For air mail, maybe?

Don

:lol:

On 10/24/2017 at 10:23 AM, gwells said:

My guess is it is a purple martin birdhouse.

Probably for circulars and junk mail. Our air mail posties are not in drones yet.