first drive this year

garnetkid

Well, after not being able to drive the 25 since putting it away last fall, and a road construction and water main installation which started last march we were finally able to take it for spin before putting it away for the winter.  It certainly was nice not to have to dodge pot holes!! Hope the weather  holds out a little longer, although there is already snow in the upper elevations.

IMG_0984.JPG

• Like 6

garnetkid, while you are taking photos of the bumpers, could you please take a close-up shot or two of the badges you have mounted on the headlight cross bar?  They look interesting and we all would like to see what they are.  A very nice

car you have there.  It is extremely hard to beat an open car of this vintage on a nice Fall day.  

Terry Wiegand

South Hutchinson, Kansas

1 hour ago, Ben Bruce aka First Born said:

I do not know where you are garnetkid, but I LIKE IT. Beautiful car in a beautiful setting. WOW.

Ben

British Columbia license plate. Lots of beautiful scenery there. I don't know it all, but have driven there a number of times. Suzanne's parents used to live in Terrace up north - we had to go through Houston to get there. We have friends in Cranbrook in the south and have gone through there en route to the Pacific coast (Suzanne's sister used to live on the Oregon coast, Bellevue and Portland meets). We've been to Kelowna a number of times (flying) and will fly to Kamloops in November. 

The car car is a McLaughlin-Buick. 

Beautiful picture.  Sorry that October is the first drive of the year.  Hopefully better luck next year.  The McLaughlin's are very rare and special Buicks.  Thanks for sharing the photo.   A picture of my 25 will have a backdrop of the inside of a garage door.  

Leon

Nice photo and the car looks fantastic as always.

South Okanagan in BC , not sure which road but it is some stunning scenery

For the rest of you who don't know Leon's car, and can't find the Bugle article,  here is a link to an article on the restoration  including the before photo .

www.vccc.com/1925-buick-restoration-by-leon-rumpf/

That photo is a good reminder that 1) anything is possible and 2) there is always somebody who starts with something worse than what you have!

Leif

I think McLaughlin used the same bumper style on both the Master and Standard as the bumpers or our 25 Std are identical down to the diamond badge in the middle. I suspect the Master might be wider.

The brackets shown have numbers on them right out of the McLaughlin 1925 parts book.

The front bracket is not the most attractive piece of industrial design and requires defiling your nicely finished splash apron. 

59e2344c9efc7_Bumperandbrackets.thumb.JPG.d3899b47b66d8f685b04e905a035a5c7.JPG59e2345786161_Bumperbracketmountingposition.thumb.JPG.78737207562e2d7b86d29d56f22bb7d2.JPG59e23462981d7_Bumperbrackettopview.thumb.JPG.49688c990faea48c392a7e6dd3f572a3.JPG

The rear is actually quite well done and bolts up to the spare tire carrier mounting holes. If only I could find the other half of my right one!  I'll wait and see what Leon posts for the Master.

59e24e3dd83bf_RearBumperBracketLeft.thumb.JPG.b85026602b16448293da7ee930eb74e7.JPG59e24e65b51f9_RearBumperBrackets.thumb.JPG.40aa1d599c8cb36ddb8c52e42c6f60b5.JPG

• Like 1

Thanks guys for the nice compliments .  

Lief.  here are some photos of installed brackets.  sorry I do not have any photos of them separately.  Hope this helps and anybody else that may need to know.  Thanks Bradsan for posting your 25 standard brackets , but they are different than the master series , as the master has the round tube between the from rails.

Terry, here is  shot of the badges that are attached to the rock/bug guard that I made up to protect the rad.The buffalo one is a Parks Canada permit that they used to sell when you travelled through the parks.  Not correct for my year of manufacture but If you can find one for 1925 which are like hens teeth they would cost a fortune !!  The other one is from the Expo  Worlds Fair in Vancouver in 86

IMG_0033.JPG

IMG_0034.JPG

IMG_0035.JPG

IMG_0038.JPG

IMG_0400.JPG

IMG_0450.JPG

IMG_0451.JPG

IMG_0453.JPG

IMG_0450 2.JPG

IMG_0036.JPG

Edited by garnetkid (see edit history)
  • Like 1

"bradsan" and "garnetkid",Thank you very much for all the pictures.Now I know that I have the 2 front bumper casted brackets for the Std.front bumper.

But the most importent are that I`m trying to help an owner of a 1924 Master as in the picture to see how the bumper bracket looks just to fit on his car.(pictures from the restauration shop in Rättvik Sweden before the car has been striped white on the body and the wheel)

Leif in Sweden.

IMG_0239-e1464934775333.jpg

IMG_0241-e1464934799134.jpg

• Like 4

Lief,  I noticed that on the 24 master that you are helping with it has the tin work that  fills in the space between the rear fender and the tin that cover the gas tank ends.  My brackets were made to accommodate a rear trunk (which I don't have. and they have substantial width.  They fit outside and to the frame and then the tin goes on.  If that car was ordered without a truck  rack those tin parts may not fit if you add the brackets.  Just guessing here.  Here are some photos with some measurements.  Leon 

IMG_0039.JPG

IMG_0040.JPG

IMG_0041.JPG

IMG_0042.JPG

garnetkid Thanks.

I looked in my 1924 parts book and could see it was a different "rear fender wing" on model 51 and 55 just becuse they had a trunk racket as original.

The strange thing with that 1924-50 are that it started as a 1924-55 and was"rebuilt"in 1928 with a closed 1924-50  body.

Leif in Sweden.

IMG.jpg

IMG_0001.jpg