Now I'm a (mini) Used Car Dealer

TerryB

A recent visit by my brother in law resulted in my becoming a used car dealer, in miniature anyway.  He decided he no longer wanted the toy cars from his youth so I bought them from him.  Here is what I cleaned up so far.  They are Dinky and Corgi cars and trucks from the early 1960s.  Matt Harwood, Brass is Best, and others who sell cars on this site have nothing to worry, I won't be competing for your business!

Terry

IMG_1104.JPG

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

They look in great condition . What I do not understand is how do you play with them ? ? There is no buttons or flashing lights and a screen . Could you use your imagination ? I remember drooling over these toys in a local hardware store when I was a kid in the 1950's . Who could afford them . I am glad they went to a good home . 

Edited by Mark Gregory (see edit history)

What size batteries do they take?   Probably to small for friction drive too.  I remember Dinky Toys, all mine were red.  I would nose & deck them with my mother's finger nail file and re-paint them with nail polish!  (They were still Dinky Ioys afterward)  I guess my brother and I could have had a car lot too.81Cars.thumb.jpg.0f694625d8f2b2e3ee38e613c2b3fa5d.jpg

• Like 2

None of the cars pictured are battery operated.  They are in the 3 1/2 to 4 1/2 " size range.  One car I have not yet cleaned up is a 1962 Cadillac Superior ambulance that as a light bulb in the roof and a place to install a AA battery to run the light.  When you push the car a contact opens and closes the battery connection to make the light blink.  Neat stuff for that time frame.

Terry

13 hours ago, capngrog said:

So, if you're now a mini used car dealer, will you be pricing them and listing them for sale?

Cheers,

Grog

Yes, after I go through the pile I plan to sell most of them.  The pictured group is about half of what I have. Still researching typical prices paid for them on eBay.  Funny how the typical price paid rarely matches current asking prices there.  Being a dealer is tough work!

Terry