I just bought a 1996 Roadmaster and it put a song in my heart...

Guest Steven Lang

Best of luck with the Buick. I bought a new Station Wagon in 1992 off the show floor of the New York Auto Show. To this day I thought it was one of the nicest looking cars I ever owned, it did have more then it's fair share of problems, but that is another story. I could sit there and stare at it for hours it looked so good, (sometimes I had to while waiting for the tow truck) 

Edited by John348 (see edit history)

Our 1994 and 1995 Cadillac Fleetwood Broughams give us the same feeling - amazing "Scat" when you get tired of the gumball-tire lowered Hondas with a loud exhaust and not much else next to you at the Red-Light Derby; surprisingly precise handling with a good set of Michelins; incredible fuel mileage for the size of this luxo-yacht (24-27 mpg @ 75 mph); and the comfort with multiple inflating lumbar supports, multiple setting seat and bun warmer locations; 6-disk CD - with basically the same driveline as our '88 Corvette.

I am curious why the seller mentions poor gas mileage.  Sure, if you stomp on it every stop light.:D But seriously, they get high 20s. On a ton per gallon rate they are very good. 

Only a couple MPG different than my Park Avenues, and the Ultras are the same MPG. That right foot again...

In three years this will be AACA eligible. A nice way to enter the antique car world. 

The two things I see wrong are not leather and no automatic headlamps. But, I guess people can actually use the headlamp switch to turn them on.;)  And southwestern people seem to like cloth seats to prevent butt burns!:lol:

Those Roadmasters are great cars until the water pump leaks, takes out the distributer, and you find out what one costs. Best to learn everything you can about "Opti-Spark". Think they improved it for '96 with venting and vacuum lines to remove moisture so make sure those hoses are good.

12 hours ago, Frank DuVal said:

The two things I see wrong are not leather and no automatic headlamps. ...And southwestern people seem to like cloth seats... 

A song in one's heart is good, and congratulations

on your new old Buick!

It's nice to see an interior that isn't tan or gray--

some nice color in contrast to those of today's cars.

Myself, I greatly prefer the comfort of velour seats:

Leather creases and cracks and shows wear quickly,

while those velour seats will look good for decades.

My 1995 Riviera had a similarly dirty steering wheel.

I thought the leather wrapping would need to be redyed,

but it turned out to be just dirt.  It came off eadily with

Simple Green cleaner and an old tooth brush.

Your internet log says you're going to sell it;  but meanwhile,

tell us, Steven, the first drives or tours or shows that

you enjoy with your car.

Edited by John_S_in_Penna (see edit history)