Very Sad (and I'm not talking about the car)

Yikes, don't know what you'd salvage off the thing, and I don't know that I'd buy any car that still had blood on the seats....they should either have cleaned or removed seats....that steering wheel is a scary reminder of how dangerous any car can be....I agree, too, hope the occupants are OK now...wow...

Very scary, as tomorrow we leave for a 16 day vacation in our '46 Ford Wagon. I live on Long Island and my biggest usual fear is ether the Cross Bronx Expressway or the Cross Island Parkway. Once I get on the New Jersey Turnpike I can breath. Hope they are OK.

1 hour ago, 46 woodie said:

ether the Cross Bronx Expressway or the Cross Island Parkway. Once I get on the New Jersey Turnpike I can breath.

Wait until 4 PM on Friday to leave. More of a chance of being mugged in your car than an accident at speed. I left a 2PM meeting at the 106th ANG one Friday. OnStar even gave up on me.

Leaving at 4 AM, hope all I need to dodge are the 18 wheelers. Was going to go over the Verrazano Bridge but was warned about MEGA construction.

Hopefully they are alive and ok. The wheels, engine/trans (if not broken) and A/C compressor and under dash unit are worth more than current bid of $250. I'm sure other parts could be salvaged also. 

Yep. Same car. Too bad more people don't think about what could happen in a car after drinking. I am just sooooo glad that nobody outside of the car's occupants were hurt.

• Like 1

Seeing the steering wheel and dash, I would say they are both lucky to even survive. Hopefully their injurys are not life altering. Yet another reminder of what can happen when impairment is involved.

Greg in Canada

I looked at the damage to that car and couldn't really figure out what happened.

I did notice the dual master cylinder and disc brakes. From what I have heard and read I thought it must be way safer than a couple of my cars.

Bernie

21 hours ago, 46 woodie said:

Very scary, as tomorrow we leave for a 16 day vacation in our '46 Ford Wagon. I live on Long Island and my biggest usual fear is ether the Cross Bronx Expressway or the Cross Island Parkway. Once I get on the New Jersey Turnpike I can breath. Hope they are OK.

The Cross Bronx is no traffic  (seldom and a day for humanity when there is none) it is scary at 15 mph, absolutely horrifying at 60 MPH, and I am born and raised in "Da Bronx. If you are going slow like usual on the Cross Bronx, just look at the debris that is lying on the shoulder of the roadway.........amazing!  A street sweeper once every 5 years would help. It has to be the worst maintained roadways in the US and considering it is one of the most heavily traveled corridors it makes one wonder. It is the worst I have ever driven on.  If I did not know any better I would swear I was driving on a road in a third world nation.

Good luck should be easier on a Saturday Morning. I am leaving with my 60 Impala next week for a few days traveling the Cross Bronx also