Meet "Toby" my 50 Model 51 project

Elpad

Today I got front door moldings, a mirror, hubcaps with trim rings and 3 of 4 door exterior handles. I need a handle retaining plate for one of the doors. One was rusted beyond useful. Does anybody have any around?

C47A2AB4-A809-4742-B280-AB8DD6A453A5.jpeg

3C925114-F0BC-44AD-96DD-794432DA5289.jpeg

Edited by Elpad (see edit history)
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, lancemb said:

Could you just cur the rusted side off and use a lock cylinder retaining clip or similar on that side?

I haven’t tried that but I don’t think it will work due to slider tabs to accommodate the whole plate. They sell them new on evilBay as a pair and there is a gentleman on the forum that can sell me an original for same price. I may take him on that since I just find out that I’m also missing a door stopper plate.

62B1490B-3C9F-4F09-B2A1-89E2207E3CF0.png

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

That front bumper reflection gave away my distorted legs! Just wanted to show the front plate and license plate topper. The authenticated plate goes on the rear and is in better shape. This one is an extra 1950 plate that was installed as vanity. Florida is a one plate state.

066308B0-0EAD-4F08-AE15-870754555059.jpeg

• Like 2

After a year and a half since I purchased a weatherstrip package for the car, I just find out that I got the wrong part for the front windshield. I received a multi piece weather strip instead of the single windshield rubber for the Super. I knew all along that the 50 Super and Roadmaster were equipped with a one piece windshield. The package contained rubber strip for a Special model which is a split windscreen. My fault for not checking upon receiving but I made an a.... out of myself by assuming that I had the right parts. Rubber the Right Way Inc. jumped into action and will be sending the right part and credit the old one upon return. They extended the return policy because they understand the extensive time that goes with these projects. Nice to work with suppliers that works with you. Anyways the rear glass was installed by my glass man that is also a collector and a friend for over 40 years. There he is on the picture with his helper.

B1CF55C5-D23B-4C25-BFB7-F22AC45A48C6.jpeg

Edited by Elpad (see edit history)
  • Like 1

What a pain to install the three rear window bright molding, the threaded stud molding clip was to short with new rubber gasket. They wouldn’t go through the pillars even with excessive force. Had to fabricate new clips. Half a day job.

F6E9A85C-11C5-4F94-AABA-2E9B88033F6C.jpeg

• Like 1

The other half day was getting brackets ready to install second belt molding. Will be ordering new brake-off universal clips. When I tried the originals, they were loose and partially corroded. No one said it was easy to finish this car. The bright top piece between the doors were also installed 

8D5E0BCD-F47D-4D0E-A29D-1CDC8F79D76E.jpeg

69132460-17D1-45FE-9472-20CB274CDAA8.jpeg

3 hours ago, avgwarhawk said:

The rear window bright work and 3 windows look beautiful.     

There is another molding that goes in top of the bottom one and covers about 1/4 of such molding. Waiting for clips. Thanks for the comments