Best Spark Plugs?

PWB

AC45 plugs have always run well in my Buicks. I have a big bag of sooty 44's.

I have taken a liking to NGK plugs and have them in my '86 3.8. A few years ago I put a set of NGK's in a '50 Super and it ran just... super.

The 45's in my '60 are 15 or 16 years old. If I need new ones this year I will probably pull a 45 out, throw it on the parts coutner, and tell the guy to match it up with an NGK. That's how I did the Super. I'm kind of casual like that.

Bernie

AC have always worked fine in my 64 and other GMs, but haven't run them in a while. Agree Champions are the worst IMO... they just don't burn even or last long.

I made a move to NGK plugs years ago for all my old cars which are carbureted and am very happy with them. One feature of any spark plug is its ability to self-clean. I feel NGK does this better than others. They burn clean and last long. I just use their basic copper plug "V-Power". 

Jeeze Jason, you being a PA guy I thought you would give Yuengling the thumbs up for beer!!  With regard to spark plugs, AC or NGK do it for me.  I usually run NGK's in all my toys and they are absolutely the best for snowmobiles as well.  I put the AC's in the cars before a BCA event to keep the judges at bay.

Yea I know Pat....I guess the problem is Yuengling seemed to become a trendy beer here. Since I drive Buicks I'm not trendy. :unsure:

Sorry folks I know this is getting away from the OP but I blame Ed. :rolleyes: Rolling Rock used to be brewed even closer in Latrobe PA a few miles from me. A funny story - back in 1994 when I attended the ROA meet in Golden CO, the hospitality room and registration at that time was in a hotel suite room. When I arrived and registered, Ray Knott said "help yourself to beer - its in the bath tub with ice" and of course being in Golden CO, it was Coors products. Even though we had Coors in PA at that time, it was still relatively new to our area and became my favorite. So I come out of the bathroom with my Coors Light and Ray has a green  can of Rolling Rock, which at that time was not too common west of the Mississippi. I said hey I didn't see any Rolling Rock in the tub, where did you get it? He said "oh this is from my personal stash, I don't drink Coors". We laughed because he liked beer from my backyard and I liked beer from his backyard.

I'm sorry that I got this thread "OP" so I'll get back on post and say that the best plug that I've found is the Bosch 4036  that Tom T. recommended some time ago on the Team Buick forum.  

Oh yeah, my new favorite beer is made right here at home.  Kansas City's Boulevard Brewey's  Bourbon Barrel Quad. As the name suggests, it's a strong Belgian style ale aged in discarded bourbon barrels.  A big plate of Wood Yard BBQ's ribs next to it and Hmmmmmm yummy. ?

Edited by RivNut (see edit history)

I got introduced to the NGK's with two Jaguar XJS V12's I had. If they can run in a British car in the conditions under that hood I was willing to give them a try.

It is not Riviera information, but Kirby Palm's book is some really good reading for car guys in winter. And worth printing out in hard copy for easy chair reading: http://www.jag-lovers.org/xj-s/book/XJS_help.pdf

Bernie