1963 LeSabre Value????

Joe Cocuzza

I am going to get some pictures over the weekend but....

What would you guys think a 1963 LeSabre 4-door hardtop would be worth?

Here are some details:

Car is all original

Gold exterior

36,000 original miles

401 nailhead - not running but turns over by hand - probably last run over 5 years ago

Has NO rust - just some surface rust around the edges - trunk lid, hood...

Interior is very, very nice condition - only bad part is the headliner has a tear in the one rear corner and the one headliner seam has let go in the rear.

Chrome is okay - shows age and has some surface rust

Has all 4 original hubcaps and appears to be complete.

Thanks in advance

8 minutes ago, lrlforfun said:

OK Bryan: I think you're optimistic. I believe this 63 Le Sabre 4 door ht is at best a $500. car not running. Running great?  Maybe $1,750.  I think it would be worth decent dough if it were a really nice piece...which includes  a reliable driver.  Mitch

I think this is pessimistic, but it isn't a high dollar car.  I sold a blue one nearly identical in description with same mileage, except that it ran and drove, about 4 yrs ago for around $2800.  It was a LeSabre custom though too, with the full trim along the side and nicer upholstery.

The market is not drastically different now I don't think and certainly not worse so if it's not a Custom and not running I'd say $1,800 perhaps.

• Like 2

OK Joe: If you are gonna make a play for it MAKE SURE IT RUNS!!!! It's worthless if dead.  If it were here and I got it for a hun or two I could gamble on the motor running because I have a couple of dead 63 Rivieras that would perk up nicely with a good 63 Le Sabre drive train.

Assume it runs?  If you can get it for  a hun or two, it's worth the gamble otherwise you will be makin' mud pies for  a long time, spending a lot of money on it and still have a hunk of junk....oh yes, and having not much fun either.   Mitch

8 hours ago, 91vert said:

Don't leave us hanging.

What were they asking ?

Cal.

The car is still sitting there so if anyone is interested I have some pics and I can put you in touch with the kid that owns it.

He told me I could have it for $1000.00 but I don't have the room for it and judging from the comments here after all is said and done getting it roadworthy I would be under water as it is a "low interest" car. Believe me I thought about it for that price. It's a decent car that really needs a new home because sitting is not doing it any good.

Joe

How about a photo and a location??? Hard for anyone to consider anything if they don't know whether the car is three or three thousand miles away! A nice, low miles '63 LeSabre is well worth $1000 in my opinion, if you don't have to spend $1500 hauling it across the country.

Pete Phillips, BCA #7338

• Like 1

1K is top dollar for that car.  Look at what can be seen in the pictures.  The interior is complete but the seats are stained.  Will that come out?  The rear window has to be reset.  The trunk needs to be carefully stripped and repainted due do the water setting from the rear window leak.  And the window seals are cooked. 

The heat control panel is partially disconnected and the bottom of the steering column is off.  So it may need a signal light switch and blower switch, although I would think it just needs a blower rheostat, which is probably located under the hood.

The good thing is it's a 401.  As far as I remember, all 63's had 401's.  The better news is it's a 401 with a 2 bbl.  That's got to be a great cruising vehicle!  At least the 401's, and Dynaflows  are very reliable, so some points and condenser would probably get her running again.  At least that's where I'd start.  That and making sure it had compression and the spark plug wires were in the right distributor cap seats.

In my opinion it's a $600 car as is, $700 if he still has the B U that goes on the back trunk lid.  And at that entry point it could be worth up to 2K if all that stuff is fixed. 

• Like 1

OK Joe: If it ain't runnin' and drivin' it's worthless.  Do not assume anything.  Personally I like a 63. 401/open dynaflow is a good ol Bu. I like junk...a lot. I happen to give this body style, a 4 door hardtop more love than a 64-72 GM A body coupe but.....it is what it is.  The really scary part is to get this car to where it's  a reliable driver, even with a good motor and transmission...is mucho denaro.   Mitch