Does anyone know what this fits?

Guest dennisa

Guest dennisa

Would appreciate help in id of this bezel and lenses.

The top lens has STOP embossed in the lens.

Many thanks,

Dennis Akerman

June 27, 2016, parts 033.JPG

On ‎28‎/‎06‎/‎2016 at 9:35 AM, Roger Walling said:

If you want to sell it on Ebay, simply state Fits buick, pontiac, ford, chevy, dodge, essex, chrysler, some adjustment necessary.  (;-)

This is why I stopped EBay as this is now becoming the standard practice. When I do a search for a car model now everything from typewriters to fuzzy dice fit my car so I just gave up. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Joe in Canada said:

This is why I stopped EBay as this is now becoming the standard practice. When I do a search for a car model now everything from typewriters to fuzzy dice fit my car so I just gave up. 

I just type in, "1931 Dodge -fits -hose -ad" and it eliminates a LOT of crap that I do not want to look at.

59 minutes ago, Joe in Canada said:

51 minutes ago, keiser31 said:

I just type in, "1931 Dodge -fits -hose -ad" and it eliminates a LOT of crap that I do not want to look at.

Some PUTZ white collar BOY was hired to "improve" ebay and Ebay Motors.  They have a comments forum on there, and EVERYONE said the new changes s---d, and they were going to ruin the golden goose.  That jerk boy (with admitted no-knowledge of running auction businesses), wanted it like amazon, but had no idea the antique collectibles are way different than having amazon list of 300 I-phones new in box with competing prices from sellers..  They also killed the old way of opening bids and bidder.  That took some of the sellers and buyers away. 

Yes, somewhere I read about using -fits or - antenna , etc and I have to use it when I rarely look on there. 

Here of a classic example of how they advertise in the EBay adds now.

Keywords:

Horseless Carriage Ford Model A B C D F K N R S T Alco American Underslung  Apperson Auburn Autocar Brush Buick Cadillac Cartercar Chalmers Chevrolet Chrysler Dodge Bros. Duro Essex Everitt Flanders Franklin Frontenac Gardner Graham Grout Haynes Hudson Hupmobile IHC Jeffries Jordan Kissel Krit Lincoln Little Locomobile Lozier Marmon Maxwell Mercer Metz Milburn Electric Mitchell Moon Nash National Oakland Oldsmobile Overland Packard Peerless Pierce Arrow Pontiac Pope Toledo Pope Hartford Rajo Rambler Regal REO Roamer Saxon Sears Autobuggy Schacht Simplex Speedster Stanley Steamer Star Stevens Duryea Studebaker Stutz Thomas Tourist Velie White Wills St Clair Willys Knight Winton

1910 1911 1912 1913 1914 1915 1916 1917 1918 1919 1920 1921 1922 1923 1924 1925 1926 1927 1928 1929 1930 1931 1932 1933 1934 1935 1936 1937 1938 1939 1940 1941 1942 1943 1944 1945 1946 1947 1948

• Like 1

On 7/3/2016 at 1:10 PM, F&J said:

Some PUTZ white collar BOY was hired to "improve" ebay and Ebay Motors.  They have a comments forum on there, and EVERYONE said the new changes s---d, and they were going to ruin the golden goose.  That jerk boy (with admitted no-knowledge of running auction businesses), wanted it like amazon, but had no idea the antique collectibles are way different than having amazon list of 300 I-phones new in box with competing prices from sellers.That took some of the sellers and buyers away. 

I can't tell you how many times I have taken up ebay on their "Tell us what you think "  link.

On numerous occasions I have told them to put their coders on vacation instead of screwing up things....... :blink:

On rare occasions their changes are undone FAST if they get enough complaints.

However I don't think ebay is losing anyone or enough to make a noticeable difference.

It's still the BIG game in town and is likely to remain so for a long long time.

2 hours ago, JFranklin said:

It's no wonder nobody is looking at my concise listings, not enough key-words! I'm leaving right now to add a bunch.

Thanks for the link as I sent them a message giving them my opinion on key words.

On ‎7‎/‎9‎/‎2016 at 10:22 PM, AJFord54 said:

I had a horrible experience selling on E-bay several months ago.  I was selling a Rolex for a friend and had an opening bid of $2300 with a buy it now for $3100 or so.  A lady purchased it for the $2300.  It included the serial number, box, and authorized dealer cleaning certificate for $550 (can you believe that?).  Anyway, she gave me good feedback and I did the same.  Two weeks later, E-bay sends me a note that she wants to return it as it is "not authentic". (BS) -  I contacted her, and she gave me her phone number, and then tells me that she doesn't want it because she only wears in once in awhile and has to wind it. (self winding if you wear it - otherwise, wind it yourself.  E-bay contacts me and DEMANDS I give her the money back or I will be penalized for future listings.  I have to send her a box at my expense and I then wait for four more weeks for the return (meanwhile, my Paypal account has been locked).  She never returns it, and E-bay informs me that I have to wait a total of 31 days AFTER I sent the box to get my Paypal account opened.  It ended up being a total of around 7 weeks before I got paid, as apparently she decided to keep it after all.  

I told E-bay I was done selling on their site.  Stories like this make our Hershey swap meet look better and better every day.

Same thing with some sensors that I sold.  They were new old stock and the woman that bought them said that they were not as advertised which was not true.  I had multiple pictures and everything detailed in the description.  Don't know what she was using them for or what ever.  Evil took the money out of my account and gave it back to her and she kept the merchandise.  As a seller I got no recourse and a bad rating that I could not even contest. I have not sold a single item since. Plus the +- 20% fees to sell makes Hershey and Craigslist and other swap meets easier to do.

• Like 1

I quit using e-BAD about 15 years ago for any sales. AACA Buy/Sell has been the best for general parts, marque specific items I target to a website that caters directly to those people (i.e. model T). For me it is not about wringing the last dollar I can out of something, it is about finding a price both seller and buyer can be happy with. I have sold parts on the "net" for nearly 20 years and never had to refund or do return shipping. 

BTW, that lens is for a 1928 Buick, I sold a pair to a man in the Netherlands last year.